Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

how in the hell...???

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 6:21 PM
  • 15 Replies
How in fing hell did I get stuck with two little boys; 2 and 4 for a couple, most likely more than a couple, hours!?!?!?

I'm stuck watching my nephew which I honestly don't feel comfortable changing his pamper and he's almost 3, I'm stuck watching my sister's boyfriend's son whom I have only met 3 times, and then I have my DD. Wtf. What the flying f*ck.

I can't say no because we're finally talking again...she's probably more just using me though but atleast she's talking...and I also can't say no because she needs a sitter so she can go to a meeting for some unemployment thing. I'm already low on food and DH only gets paid biweekly. I asked, via text message, if it were possible if she could pack them lunches and snacks since I'm low...no reply back...

I'm also afraid she's going to take longer and I'm stuck walking with my DD, nephew and the other kid on a typical 20-30 minute walk to pick up DS from school which would probbyl tale about 40+ minutes for all of them since I only have a 1 seated stroller.

Am I being too grrr or is me being irritated jusitifed??? Idk...I'm just...Idk...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3brown1blue
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Bump for advice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3brown1blue
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3brown1blue
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Justifiable.

BethScarlett
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 6:46 PM
I have to say, that would piss me off. I really don't have much patience, which wouldn't help in that situation, but I do think it's wrong that you and your sister just started talking and she's using you. And her boyfriend's son, not your sister's and her boyfriends? Well then! That would piss me off too. Where's the boyfriend that he couldn't take care of his kid? Good luck Momma, I prob wouldn't have survived!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3brown1blue
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 7:37 PM
He'll be working. Mercifully she may have someone else to watch the boys tomorrow ... but I won't know until early tomorrow morning

I'm also worried because my nephew has hit his terrible twos pretty late and he's a bit aggressive...my sis and I think part of it is when he'd go by my mother's house with his shitty dad and they're watching wrestling...he has his hands on my DD a couple of times rough playing with her; sat on her, pushed her out of a kid chair etc...and like I said Idk how this other kid is...I asked my ma when she called an hour ago how he was and she just said if he acts up just put him in time out...which is giving me the impression that he is a little tyrant.

Quoting BethScarlett:

I have to say, that would piss me off. I really don't have much patience, which wouldn't help in that situation, but I do think it's wrong that you and your sister just started talking and she's using you. And her boyfriend's son, not your sister's and her boyfriends? Well then! That would piss me off too. Where's the boyfriend that he couldn't take care of his kid? Good luck Momma, I prob wouldn't have survived!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 7:40 PM
I'm sorry! If it makes you feel better I'm watching my twin brothers that are 7 with my 4 yr old dd. These boys are the worst and I can't wait for my mom to come home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3brown1blue
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Dang that sucks...and I honestly could use a bit of ash but asking for cash to watch a family member's kid seems like it's a no-no ... my mother would atleast tell me so...

I've had gotten stuck watching my nephew about a year ago like a few times a week and never received any money...we were living with my ma at the time and she didn't think I should get paid since he was my nephew ... Idk ... I understand doing favors but putting me in a stressful position without anything for it doesn't seem fair...especially when it's now with some kid I don't really know...

Quoting heather4511:

I'm sorry! If it makes you feel better I'm watching my twin brothers that are 7 with my 4 yr old dd. These boys are the worst and I can't wait for my mom to come home.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeo17
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 7:55 PM

well i hope they give you something for watchin the other child  at least..ik how it is i was always stuck watching my brothers kids all the time  

Quoting 3brown1blue:

Dang that sucks...and I honestly could use a bit of ash but asking for cash to watch a family member's kid seems like it's a no-no ... my mother would atleast tell me so...

I've had gotten stuck watching my nephew about a year ago like a few times a week and never received any money...we were living with my ma at the time and she didn't think I should get paid since he was my nephew ... Idk ... I understand doing favors but putting me in a stressful position without anything for it doesn't seem fair...especially when it's now with some kid I don't really know...

Quoting heather4511:

heather4511
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Yeah I do it for my mom cuz she watches my daughter. Sometimes I think I'm entitled to money cuz these kids are horrid. But I feel you there, if you really don't know the kid and watching all of them stresses you out..id probably make up some excuse.

Quoting 3brown1blue:

Quoting heather4511:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN