Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
How in fing hell did I get stuck with two little boys; 2 and 4 for a couple, most likely more than a couple, hours!?!?!?

I'm stuck watching my nephew which I honestly don't feel comfortable changing his pamper and he's almost 3, I'm stuck watching my sister's boyfriend's son whom I have only met 3 times, and then I have my DD. Wtf. What the flying f*ck.

I can't say no because we're finally talking again...she's probably more just using me though but atleast she's talking...and I also can't say no because she needs a sitter so she can go to a meeting for some unemployment thing. I'm already low on food and DH only gets paid biweekly. I asked, via text message, if it were possible if she could pack them lunches and snacks since I'm low...no reply back...

I'm also afraid she's going to take longer and I'm stuck walking with my DD, nephew and the other kid on a typical 20-30 minute walk to pick up DS from school which would probbyl tale about 40+ minutes for all of them since I only have a 1 seated stroller.

Am I being too grrr or is me being irritated jusitifed??? Idk...I'm just...Idk...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Replies (11-15):
3brown1blue
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:13 PM
I'm just hoping the other person pulls through and watches the kids instead

Quoting jeo17:

well i hope they give you something for watchin the other child  at least..ik how it is i was always stuck watching my brothers kids all the time  

Quoting 3brown1blue:

Dang that sucks...and I honestly could use a bit of ash but asking for cash to watch a family member's kid seems like it's a no-no ... my mother would atleast tell me so...

I've had gotten stuck watching my nephew about a year ago like a few times a week and never received any money...we were living with my ma at the time and she didn't think I should get paid since he was my nephew ... Idk ... I understand doing favors but putting me in a stressful position without anything for it doesn't seem fair...especially when it's now with some kid I don't really know...

Quoting heather4511:

I'm sorry! If it makes you feel better I'm watching my twin brothers that are 7 with my 4 yr old dd. These boys are the worst and I can't wait for my mom to come home.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:28 PM
The more I have babysit other peoples children, the less I like kids. Lol.
I feel you though, I was always the friend that everyone dumped their kids on for hours or days on end. It sucks being nice sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 11, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Sorry! I can only imagine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyLauren55
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 9:52 PM
I would be upset too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2012 at 9:54 PM
I'd be upset but then again I have a friend who does the same thing. She only calls/texts when she wants me to watch her two kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)