Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have your kids write thank you notes?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:09 AM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you have your kids write thank you notes?

Options:

No

I think a verbal thank-you, phone call, text or e-mail is enough.

I always intend to but procrastinate until it doesn't get done

ALWAYS

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

writing

by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Yes always. My dd has her own thank you cards and address labels.

Teeshann
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

no i don't. i make them say thank you in person. if a family member sends them something i'll call them and have them say thank you.

dixiechic88
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 3:31 PM

as soon as they can write my kids will be doing hand written thank you notes

mommyb168910
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 3:39 PM

IM the worst for this. I always say im going to but then it slips my mind! I feel terrible once i remember!! :(

4kidz916
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I voted always but it really depends on what they're saying thank you for.  At Christmas with all the gifts, I just have them say thank you to each person but for other occasions, they write thank you cards. 

LoriDeen
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I made sure they always wrote thank you notes, and this Christmas I got a thank you note from my 24 year old son thanking me for always being there for him, being a great mom and teaching him how to be a better man. It brought tears to my eyes! I think I've read that note a hundred times already. I'll probably wear it out!

pinkcicle709
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:50 PM

My son is 2-  but I ALWAYS send a thank you note. Now, bc he cant write or sign I usually do one with a photo and a general thank you...
When hes old enough to write- hell be doing his own thank yous or hell be giving back the items given!

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 13, 2012 at 11:05 AM

awwww :)

Quoting LoriDeen:

I made sure they always wrote thank you notes, and this Christmas I got a thank you note from my 24 year old son thanking me for always being there for him, being a great mom and teaching him how to be a better man. It brought tears to my eyes! I think I've read that note a hundred times already. I'll probably wear it out!

orngblsm
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I always insist that they call the giver to thank them within 48 hours of getting the gift.  The calls were never just to say thank you but to have a conversation with the person.  After all, if they thought enough to send a gift, my kids could take the time to have a conversation.  To me, it is a more personal way to thank someone and at the same time find out what is going on in the other person's life. 

delanna6two
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
Yesterday at 11:11 AM
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2012 at 2:36 PM

mostly verbal...never had them to actually write out a note yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN