Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you have your kids write thank you notes?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:09 AM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you have your kids write thank you notes?

Options:

No

I think a verbal thank-you, phone call, text or e-mail is enough.

I always intend to but procrastinate until it doesn't get done

ALWAYS

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

writing

by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Yes always. My dd has her own thank you cards and address labels.

Teeshann
by Member on Jan. 12, 2012 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

no i don't. i make them say thank you in person. if a family member sends them something i'll call them and have them say thank you.

dixiechic88
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 3:31 PM

as soon as they can write my kids will be doing hand written thank you notes

mommyb168910
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 3:39 PM

IM the worst for this. I always say im going to but then it slips my mind! I feel terrible once i remember!! :(

4kidz916
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I voted always but it really depends on what they're saying thank you for.  At Christmas with all the gifts, I just have them say thank you to each person but for other occasions, they write thank you cards. 

LoriDeen
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I made sure they always wrote thank you notes, and this Christmas I got a thank you note from my 24 year old son thanking me for always being there for him, being a great mom and teaching him how to be a better man. It brought tears to my eyes! I think I've read that note a hundred times already. I'll probably wear it out!

pinkcicle709
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:50 PM

My son is 2-  but I ALWAYS send a thank you note. Now, bc he cant write or sign I usually do one with a photo and a general thank you...
When hes old enough to write- hell be doing his own thank yous or hell be giving back the items given!

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 13, 2012 at 11:05 AM

awwww :)

Quoting LoriDeen:

I made sure they always wrote thank you notes, and this Christmas I got a thank you note from my 24 year old son thanking me for always being there for him, being a great mom and teaching him how to be a better man. It brought tears to my eyes! I think I've read that note a hundred times already. I'll probably wear it out!

orngblsm
by Member on Jan. 13, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I always insist that they call the giver to thank them within 48 hours of getting the gift.  The calls were never just to say thank you but to have a conversation with the person.  After all, if they thought enough to send a gift, my kids could take the time to have a conversation.  To me, it is a more personal way to thank someone and at the same time find out what is going on in the other person's life. 

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2012 at 2:36 PM

mostly verbal...never had them to actually write out a note yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN