Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Titanic Memorial Cruise Is a Disaster Waiting to Happen

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 7:47 PM
  • 20 Replies
Titanic Memorial Cruise Is a Disaster Waiting to Happen

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on Jan 12, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I admit, I'm wary about going on cruises to begin with. Something about waking up and not being able to see land with the naked eye, pirates, and international waters being lawless just doesn't appeal to me. But one cruise I don't want a G.D. thing to do with, besides the Kate Gosselin cruise, is a Titanic Memorial Cruise.

Apparently, I'm in the minority, though, because, shockingly, every single passenger slot has already been snatched up on this nightmare of a vacation. Who would want to do this?

The ship sets sail on April 8 on this year from Southampton, UK, and will head to the spot where the Titanic sank 100 years ago, on April 15, to spend two full days. It will then (God-willing) continue on the original Titanic's intended route, to Halifax and then on to New York City. The ship is made to look like the original, and people can even dine on the same food the original passengers dined on. Relatives of those who were on the first Titanic will be in attendance, and a memorial service will be held at 2:20 a.m. the night it sunk.

See, the thing about this is it sounds like the exact opposite of a vacation. It sounds like a terrible, panic-strickened mess of a situation, where something's bound to go wrong. I'm all for boning up on history, but I certainly don't want any part of a re-enactment of one of the most tragic events in history. Especially while I'm on vacation. I'm trying to see the other side of this here -- truly, I am -- but I honestly can't. I can only see a giant red flag and a neon sign saying, "Bad Idea Jeans!"

Like I said, though, I'm an anti-cruise person to begin with (and general scaredy-cat), so perhaps I'm biased. I don't really think so, though, because, seriously, I'd take a seven-day Kate Gosselin extravaganza over this any day.

Would you want to go on the Titanic Memorial Cruise?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 12, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I would go.

MissyB1011
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I'm also anti-cruise. I've never been on one and am terrified of them. This sounds cool, but I'd be too worried something would happen!

timsgirl2011
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Its not my cup of tea but I cant swim and Im TERRIFIED of water but this sounds scary as hell!! Why chance it???

BabyFetus Ticker

Wanted: Moms who want to work from home. No sales, no quotas, no inventory just fun and money!!! Message me for details!!!

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 8:11 PM
I'd go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myboysRmyhero
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Idk i might go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimmykat222
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM
I'd go!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Oh heck no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LTmomof3
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 8:17 PM

It sounds really morbid.  I like cruises, but I think that I would like my destination to be someplace other than a watery grave.

iHEAVENn
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Hah....  Go to the same place on the same date where a TON of people lost their lives tragically?! Yeah not happening. 

OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 10:22 PM
I'd go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)