Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Titanic Memorial Cruise Is a Disaster Waiting to Happen

Posted by   + Show Post
Titanic Memorial Cruise Is a Disaster Waiting to Happen

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on Jan 12, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I admit, I'm wary about going on cruises to begin with. Something about waking up and not being able to see land with the naked eye, pirates, and international waters being lawless just doesn't appeal to me. But one cruise I don't want a G.D. thing to do with, besides the Kate Gosselin cruise, is a Titanic Memorial Cruise.

Apparently, I'm in the minority, though, because, shockingly, every single passenger slot has already been snatched up on this nightmare of a vacation. Who would want to do this?

The ship sets sail on April 8 on this year from Southampton, UK, and will head to the spot where the Titanic sank 100 years ago, on April 15, to spend two full days. It will then (God-willing) continue on the original Titanic's intended route, to Halifax and then on to New York City. The ship is made to look like the original, and people can even dine on the same food the original passengers dined on. Relatives of those who were on the first Titanic will be in attendance, and a memorial service will be held at 2:20 a.m. the night it sunk.

See, the thing about this is it sounds like the exact opposite of a vacation. It sounds like a terrible, panic-strickened mess of a situation, where something's bound to go wrong. I'm all for boning up on history, but I certainly don't want any part of a re-enactment of one of the most tragic events in history. Especially while I'm on vacation. I'm trying to see the other side of this here -- truly, I am -- but I honestly can't. I can only see a giant red flag and a neon sign saying, "Bad Idea Jeans!"

Like I said, though, I'm an anti-cruise person to begin with (and general scaredy-cat), so perhaps I'm biased. I don't really think so, though, because, seriously, I'd take a seven-day Kate Gosselin extravaganza over this any day.

Would you want to go on the Titanic Memorial Cruise?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
3brown1blue
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Hell no!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM
I don't think I would go! I keep thinking about a cruise but I'm also not too sure!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkcsmtlgy
by Member on Jan. 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Not even if I had the chance to see Harrison Fords butt.

supernoodle2
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 11:44 AM
If someone paid for my tickets I would go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abby243
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Quoting timsgirl2011:

Its not my cup of tea but I cant swim and Im TERRIFIED of water but this sounds scary as hell!! Why chance it???

Hey im gonna message you for details....
timsgirl2011
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Quoting abby243:

Quoting timsgirl2011:

Its not my cup of tea but I cant swim and Im TERRIFIED of water but this sounds scary as hell!! Why chance it???

Hey im gonna message you for details....

I got it and replied back :)

BabyFetus Ticker

Wanted: Moms who want to work from home. No sales, no quotas, no inventory just fun and money!!! Message me for details!!!

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2012 at 3:05 PM

To each his or her own...but for myself...no

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 13, 2012 at 3:24 PM
I think it seems really interesting. And I think I would want to experience it.

Then the paranoid side of me says, hell no!

So I guess I'm undecided, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2bubbas
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I enjoy cruises. We have done three. I like to spread them out a few years, as I like other types of vacations as well.

I would not want to do this cruise. Doesnt sound like the type of trip where you'd feel good having a cocktail on the deck when 1000's of souls were lost below you, you know what I mean?

m.

Paulla
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I'd go too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)