Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Name is Heidi and I'm Pregnant.

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hello!
My name is Heidi and I am 22. I am 30 weeks pregnant with my first little monster and I can't wait to meet him!
I am at a bit of a fork in the road when it comes to my life. My husband is in the Army and is currently stationed in Germany. I have been trying to move out there to be with him, but due to the incompetence of his superiors, our paperwork has been misplaced, overlooked, etc. so that has proven to be a very long and frustrating road. We got pregnant under the pretense that I was moving there, and once again, there was a snag in our plans and my belly has been growing here in the States, while he's been overseas diligently trying to get us back together so we can be a family. Now, we are at the point where we are about to be approved, but I only have a certain amount of time before I will be too far along to fly...Needless to say the next few weeks will be either extremely exciting or extremely devastating for me.

So yeah, that's what's going on with me! I'm excited to meet as many other moms on here as I can!
--Heidi

by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensmama721
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:39 PM

hi congrats on the baby

mamabunny102
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Thanks. ^_^

pinkcicle709
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Hoping things work out for you!

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Welcome to the group Heidi!

I hope that things get resolved quickly so you can be together. :) Will he be able to come over for the birth, if nothing else?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabunny102
by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Yes he will...but it's extremely expensive for us (the Army won't pay for it) and he will only be able to stay for about 10-15 days...and then we wouldn't see him again until the summertime, funds permitting. =[

jessi2girls
by Member on Jan. 13, 2012 at 12:08 AM

first.. congrats on the pregnancy..

second.. I'm very sorry about your situation, I hope it works out for you.

edie951998
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 12:09 AM

hey heidi wow that sucks that ya arent together hopefully things will work out for ya and ya will be back as a family very soon congrats on the baby  what are ya naming the little one i would like to be a pen pal friend to ya if ya would like a new friend.edie

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 13, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Welcome!

pebos_mama
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 10:15 AM

same thing happened to me and my husband w our first baby. congrats on the baby. and from one army wife to another i suggest you get in touch w your local army family counselor center. even if its at the nearest base hes not stationed at. they can still help you. and tell him to go up COC of they are not cooperating with you two. this is very important and shouldnt be overlooked so carelessly.  good luck.

mamabunny102
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Thanks, Pebos.
Last night I filed an ice complaint and what do you know? I wake up this morning with an email informing me that we've been approved! We still have to figure out houseing, gppso and shipping the car, and of course getting me out there...but hopefully all that can be done simultaneously and not take more than a few weeks. I'm 31 weeks today, so my time is running out fast! =O

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)