Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

my 6week old daughter has been...

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 4:12 PM
  • 9 Replies

....sleeping through feedings.. I'm nursing/pumping and she went from eating just about every 3 hours or so to Snacking about 4 times a day... she's still waking up about 2 times a night, but honestly, Idk how much she's eating cuz we're co sleeping and she just latches to my breast, and if she's sleeping when I wake up, I just pump and go back to sleep... 

i've tried to wake her up and nurse her, or bottle feed her and she turns her head or pushes away... 

i've tried to nurse her when she's wide awake and wants to be held, and she just lets the milk go everywhere and doesn't really even drink any of it... she's been gaining weight since birth and is now i'm guessing somewhere around 11 lbs (she was exactly 8 lbs at birth) she's 6 weeks old and it seems like last week she was on my boob 24/7 but for this last week....it seems like she's not eating AT ALL... even bottles when she does want them, she went from a 4 oz bottle to just under 2 oz at a time... literally like she's just snacking...

did anyone else go through this???

by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 13, 2012 at 4:20 PM

BUMP

I never breast fed.

Lynzee.Limon
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 4:21 PM

BUMP!

thtcoffeeismine
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 4:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Snacking is common, and as long as she is gaining weight accordingly your have nothing to worry about and are doing a beautiful job.  Just wait for her next growth spurt and shes latched on all the time!  Just keep pumping and storing and if you are questioning yourself, make an appointment with the ped.  But it sounds to me like shes just coming into her own routine and you are doing a great job!  Good look!

Nicholle5
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 5:04 PM

i dont really have time to answer but ill point you to a group that can possibly help....http://www.cafemom.com/group/325 this is the breastfeeding moms group.good luck

pinkcicle709
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 5:34 PM

If she was hungry shed eat! ;)

CaliMamma1013
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 5:42 PM
As long as she keeps gaining weight and is having plenty of wet and poopy diapers then there's no need to worry. She was probably going through a growth spurt last week and that's why she was always nursing. You're doing great momma!
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Could be a growth spurt...she's the right age for one.

www.kellymom.com has a lot of great information on breastfeeding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM
I think she's fine as long as she's gaining weight and not losing! I had to stop bfing but I've been told this is normal! They go through times where they mostly snack.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lynzee.Limon
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM

thank you everyone!!! <3 yeah I have been pumping and freezing.. and she doesnt seem too fussy... so I know she is content when she is done snacking... she's only having one sometimes two poopy diapers... but she is having 3 or 4 full pee diapers... idk if that's enough or not though... she has her 2 month check up on the 30th... if she seems like she's losing weight or anything I will take her in earlier than that, if not, i will just wait and see what her pediatrician has to say.. <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN