Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you do background checks? How?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM
  • 2 Replies

I've been seeing ads lately for a site called "Been Verified." You can type in someone's name, approx. age and state, and it comes back with lots of information, including criminal records, bankruptcies, etc.

On the one hand, I think it's great to be able to check the background of a babysitter or an employee through formal routes. But this website just seems dangerous to me - anyone can look into the background of anyone! My fear is that rather than women checking to make sure their blind date isn't an ax murderer, the site will encourage stalkers, nosy neighbors and people who are simply vindictive.

What do you think?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Well if someone has been convicted on a crime that is public through a courthouse anyway so this isn't too different. I'm fine with the idea.

LoriDeen
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:17 PM

But they also give you the person's credit history and other personal info.  That makes me nervous. I just don't want others to know my credit history or where I bank, etc.

Quoting goddess99:

Well if someone has been convicted on a crime that is public through a courthouse anyway so this isn't too different. I'm fine with the idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)