Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Swear Words...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:54 PM
  • 9 Replies

Lately, when Noah plays with his LeapPad, cars or trains...anything really... he's been saying "bitch" a lot lately. I have no idea why or where he picked this up, but it's bugging me! haha

My question is does anyone have any advice on how I can get him to stop? I told him it's a bad word, but not sure how to go about this.

*~*DS born 8/3/09, 11 lbs 6oz 23in*~*

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:20 PM

lol um I would just keep telling him you don't say that word. Maybe tell him if he says it he will lose what he's playing with for an hour or whatever length of time. Eventually he'll get a new word.

Shani527
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Give him an alternative word. (I'm not sure on his age) but I admit I say shit a lot but have gotten better when my son (4yr) started saying it too. So if I slip up I say sorry. If he said it I say that's not a good word but shoot is. He got it. He hasn't said it in a long while and either have I lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM
My son is almost 3 and has picked up on all the curse words from his potty mouthed uncles. We swear, too, but know how to keep it under control arounmd vinny. He will call you out on your "naughty word" and he is usually pretty good about substituting an appropriate word for the curse word. I just tell him they are words only grown ups can say and he isn't a grown up. He has slips but immediately knows he messed up. Its cute. After he says it he gasps and holds both hands over his mouth and says "oops". Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:06 AM
This

Quoting goddess99:

lol um I would just keep telling him you don't say that word. Maybe tell him if he says it he will lose what he's playing with for an hour or whatever length of time. Eventually he'll get a new word.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephernie88
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:08 AM

This morning he was playing with his trains, he said it, so I ignored it, but then he kept repeating himself. I said HEY! and he stopped lmao It's hard to not laugh, however because he says it so cute and its funny as heck haha

Pammi86
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Oh boy! I would just tell him its a bad word and give him another word to use!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyLauren55
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:53 AM
This

Quoting Pammi86:

Oh boy! I would just tell him its a bad word and give him another word to use!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justme91755
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 5:58 PM

When my second daughter was nearly 3 she used a curse word.  I was 8 months pregnant with #3.  I stopped and told her that was an adult word. There were certain things you could not do until you were an adult. "You cannot drive a car, drink alcohol, smoke, get married and have kids or use adult words.' { this was because my niece had called out a total stranger on the street and I thought he was going to smack her at the time and I did not want my kids correcting adults}. My little girl then went into her bedroom, stuffed her swimsuit with paper to make her belly look big and came back out announcing "Now I am a Grown up too! God D*** it!"  It took every ounce of my self control to keep from bursting into laughter. But she did not curse again and none of my kids did( at least in front of me) until they were nearly adults (High school).  Maybe that will work for you   Adult words.

Its.me.Sam.
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 5:59 PM

find out where he heard it - explain what it means and explain to him that that word is inappropriate.  ask him what he is trying to express when he says it and then give him a new more appropriate word to use.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)