Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

These parents need to watch their kids!! SMH

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:25 PM
  • 11 Replies

I gotta vent because it makes my head spin on how some of these parents are down here about there kids.

I live in a very very small dirt town. i can't understand how some of these parents let their children go outside and play without ANY supervision. There was a little girl that came over to play today with my daughter and her mom didnt know where she was because she wasn't watching her. I didnt know that they didnt know where she was until they came looking for her. During the time the girl was over here I had washed dishes, washed & dryed 2 loads of clothes, braided my daughters hair and played the wii. CAN YOU GUESS HOW LONG IT WAS!!?? Seriously if a CHILD MELESTOR came through this town he would have a feild day. I see it when I'm driving these young kids will be outside playing or riding down the street on a bike ALONE!!! I know its a small town and they're relaxed but I don't let my child just run around. When my daughter goes outside I go with her and make sure that she's in my sight. I remind her if she cant see me then I can't see her.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:29 PM

It's like that here too. My dd is a bit older so I don't always go outside anymore but I open the door or crack a window and if I don't hear her or the girl next door she plays with then I look for her. But she's always sitting on my porch or the neighbors porch =)

PinkParadox
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I guess it depends on the age of the child.  I started walking to &  from school in 2nd grade, rode my bike around the neighborhood etc...and I grew up in Indianapolis.  Not exactly small...granted it was a pretty long time ago though.  

Num1PYT
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:52 PM

yeah i know back in the day it was okay but now people are getting crazy. wasnt too long ago they found young girl in canton in a dumpster and she was playing right in her neighborhood.

ekorb
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Stick to ur values n laws thats thr right way cause kids know No Fear. Have u met the Mom? Maybe she locks her out for privacy my sisters neighbor useto do this w their two sons. My sister confronted mom after months of build up it got to on weekends the boys would be there ten hrs. Mom w drinkin n hadLots of problems n locked kids out. She finally moved my sis lol Im with u where is this parent???????????? Lol Good Luck w free afterschool daycare....
Pammi86
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Nothing bothers me more than parents who don't watch their kids!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candimalice
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM
I let my kids out on their own only when I know the neighboors and the area, also they are to tell me where they are going and they have to check in every 30 min.. the 11 year old is aloud to more places than 7 year old is, and certain places the 7 year old can only go if the 11 year old is with him......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkcsmtlgy
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I let my boys play outside by themselves al the time. But they know the boundary lines and I check on them every few minutes. And most on the time I'm outside with them anyway.

PMLawson
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:46 AM

We had a neighbor who lost their 2 1/2 year old once. I helped them look for him... where I found him? In the back seat of their car... sleeping... It was HOT out and hotter in the car... poor kiddo was sweating, and running a fever. Thank God he was alright. Another time (same family) lost both boys, the older one was 5. THey were up the street at another neighbors house (Shes a Sheriff's Deputy) playing with her son. She told me she kept them there to see how long it would take til someone noticed. And had called CPS about it as well. These people no longer live in the neighborhood... wonder why? O.o

mom2k12
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Some people honestly don't care.  Or they think that the world is like it was 25 years ago when you still could let your kids play outside unsupervised. Back when the only rule was to be in the house before the street lights came on....

jenniferlee_12
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I know too many people that don't watch their kids. It is sad that some parents just sleep and let their kids run in and out and do what they want too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)