Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Family Values Challenge Day 10: Bolster Their Self-Esteem

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 12:04 PM
  • 57 Replies
5 moms liked this

You influence the way your kids think and feel about themselves and their abilities more than you may realize. So, today's activity is to bolster your kids' self-esteem -- and remember to do it all the time!

But how? If they tried their best, but didn't win, tell them you're proud they gave it their all. Give them lots of hugs and kisses and tell them how much you care often. Acknowledge their feelings and praise their good decisions. Allow them to explore and figure out what they're good at -- and encourage them to do so! If they're down on themselves or beating themselves up over something, turn their negative views into positive ones, offer ways to help them with their problem, and remind them of all the reasons they're great and unique!

How do you bolster your kids' self-esteem? Please share your tips for raising kids who feel good about themselves!

woohoo If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you want to sign up for the Family Values Challenge, you can do so here.

by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kolya25
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 12:15 PM
We look in the mirror every morning and night and say one thing we like about ourselves that day whether it be physical or something you did that day. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I praise them when they work hard to do something and try their best. when they play nice, share ect.

MrsBLB
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Oh goodness, there are so many ways!  Always encourage and praise.  When they are down or feel like they have failed, reassure them that those are normal feelings and there is always another time to try something again.  

WheelerWife
by Member on Jan. 25, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Hugs and kisses flow freely at my house. ;0)
MrsBLB
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Awesome!

Quoting Kolya25:

We look in the mirror every morning and night and say one thing we like about ourselves that day whether it be physical or something you did that day. :)

StephanAndCoral
by Member on Jan. 25, 2012 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

this morning I wrote on my sons work assignment page "you can do this I believe in you!" I can't wait to hear what he thought about that :)

annaica
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs and kisses, saying how awesome they are, how good at something they are, how proud i am, rewarding positive things, bragging about them :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Oh and putting notes about how cool he is in his lunch sack
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Dd is littler still but she is learning how to do things on her own
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shani527
by Member on Jan. 25, 2012 at 12:40 PM
I definatly praise when my kids have accomplished and even didn't certain things. I encourage my kids to do different things and never tell them they can't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN