Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Why Facebook Timeline Makes Me Want to Log Off

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 9:33 AM
  • 24 Replies

Why Facebook Timeline Makes Me Want to Log Off

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on January 26, 2012 at 2:55 PM

facebook timelineOkay, so Facebook's Timeline is here to stay. You can either switch up your profile now -- and arrange everything all pretty just like you want -- or you can wait until the social networking site does it for you, as they're making it mandatory for all users. I chose the former. And I'm gonna be honest, I'm none too pleased about it.

Every few weeks, months, whatever, Facebook rolls out some new change. And every few weeks, months, whatever, the masses revolt (of course, to no avail). Usually, everyone comes around to whatever change Zuckerberg et. al. threw our way, including myself. But Timeline is different. I foresee it being timelessly annoying.

It's so ... garish. I don't know. I get that the point of Facebook is communication -- it has nothing to do with aesthetics (Lord knows, or they would have gotten rid of the heinous blue and white logo a long time ago). But the gargantuan photo at the top of everyone's page and the two columns jumbling massive amounts of information together -- it's just not fun to look at. It kind of makes the head spin, because it's so much to take in at once. With the old format, things were easier to read, simpler to understand. Now, I'm not sure if I should look to the left column or to the right -- one doesn't really seem more current than the other. Am I missing something? Does everything have to be a 2.0 version?

Also, from what I understand, the new profile format makes sharing your information -- with advertisers and the world -- a heck of a lot easier. This, I dislike. Facebook is already known for partaking in plenty of is-it-or-isn't legal practices to share your info. How much more can we take?

Regardless of my general disdain for the new Timeline, though, I'm not going to be one of those people who says they're quitting Facebook. Because I know I won't. For the time being, I'll just suffer in silence. Until I come around to it. 

What do you think of the new Timeline format? Have you changed your profile yet?

by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Strega
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I've had it for a few months now. I initially loved it, then hated it. It's starting to grow on me again.

wedding website

PhotobucketFollow Me on Pinterest

mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2012 at 9:48 AM
I've had it for about a month...I despise it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Hate it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Travelagtmom
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 9:59 AM
I have not changed it. I hate it. I am not quitting, but I am not on fb anymore much.
KimberlyMKasten
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I haven't switched and i am waiting for it to do it for me. I won't have it any sooner then i have to. I HATE IT!

huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2012 at 10:07 AM
I just switched this week. Luckily I figured out where to get banners for the big picture section instead of having a stretched out picture of whatever. I do not like the timeline but since I hardly go on there anymore I'm not letting it bother me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I cant stand it and will hold out until the end.

snuggiewoogie
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I find It so annoying! When is supposed to change over???

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 27, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I heard that the timeline profile is just for whenever people go to your page but when you logg in everything will be the same as before unless you go look at your profile.

jeo17
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

i hate when they change things..i have not done the timeline n don't wanna but looks like i have no choice so stupid

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)