Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thankful for my daughter.

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 11:19 PM
  • 6 Replies
I am so very thankful for my dd. After 3 long years of ttc, heartbreaking negative tests month after month, and the strain it put on our marriage my dh and I realize it really was worth it all. We are stronger together now than ever before. She completes us. I don't understand how not all women can feel this way. Yes its stressful and frustrating at times but every morning when I wake up and see my little one smile I fall in love with her all over again! She truly is my tiny miracle! What breaks my heart and has me writing this post is the story of a little boy named Tyler who was beat to death a few months back by his mother. She's 20. Young and the fathers unstable. Her mother helped her but I get it. It must have been rough. But I can't have any sympathy for her. She came home from partying, beat him bc he wouldn't stop crying, went to bed, woke up and carried his dead, naked body and dropped it in the local cemetary. She then went back to bed and later called police to say he was abducted. For that their is no sympathy. That right there shows what a monster she is in my eyes. What's the worst part is that it hit so close to home. Just down the street. The cemetary is something I pass constantly and he has since been buried there. I cry everytime I see the story brought up again and everytime I pass where his little body is laid to rest. I cry when I see his pictures on his fb page that was created to remember him. And I cry when I think of what that poor baby must have went through in those last moments as he fought for his little life. This has really hit home and I just can't get over it. I pray every night that God protects Olivia. I pray every night that he blesses us with more children. I thank him for the patience it takes to raise my child. How could anyone do something so cruel! I know, this is one of many cases I have heard of. But it changes you when this little boy is laying in a ditch right down the street. I want to take flowers and maybe a stuffed bear to his grave. I think its really hit our entire community hard here. I want to help women understand that in the darkest hour there is hope and there is help. I want to beg these women to never lay a finger on their children. I'm sorry if this is long and a rant but I just had to get my feelings out. And I hope to find a way to help women out there. To save as many tiny miracles as possible. I truly believe God has a plan and everything happens for a reason. But I believe this story has been burned in my mind for a reason and that reason is to help. Please hug your babies extra tight tonight. I know I will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MrsNewman
by Member on Jan. 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Congrats on your daughter. Im with you. I just don't know how these parents can look into their childrens eyes and harm them. I plan to foster when my own children are all schooled aged. I hope I can make a diffence in some childs life to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Dh and I have talked about fostering or adopting from somewhere out of this country. So many children need homes. I just want to do it after my kids are grown. My dh has a friend who's parents adopted from Russia. Their little girl is named Alexa. The pictures of those homes and all those children break my heart.

Quoting MrsNewman:

Congrats on your daughter. Im with you. I just don't know how these parents can look into their childrens eyes and harm them. I plan to foster when my own children are all schooled aged. I hope I can make a diffence in some childs life to.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyLauren55
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM

-hugs- its really sad to see those stories, but all you can do is hug your little one just a little tighter and do what you can do to make sure her corner of the world is bright and happy

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 29, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I hate reading stories like that. =(

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 29, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Me too. And its so horribly painful to drive by a cemetary and see the tree where they found his little body...or the head stone where he is laid to rest. I didn't even know him but it breaks my heart. I think that's why it is affecting me so much. Bc its so close.

Quoting goddess99:

I hate reading stories like that. =(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 3:01 PM

hugs 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)