Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Destination Wedding question

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 12:13 PM
  • 8 Replies

Daughter #2 is planning a wedding in Mexico for next year.  Daughter #1 has a baby that is 3 mo. old now.  #2 wants wedding at Adults Only resort.  My husband, #1 and I are upset that #2 doesn't want the baby there.  We understand if she doesn't want him at ceremony, but it will be a smallish wedding of maybe 50 with just family and close friends.  And the baby is family.  Can't understand why she wouldn't include him.  #1 is thinking of leaving baby with husband at home and going by herself if this is the case.  Are we unreasonalbe thinking that she should accomodate the child?   It would just be so weird with #1 and husband to be there without child or #1 by herself.  

by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 29, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Sounds like a crazy mess! I hope everything gets sorted out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Why does DD2 want no kids there? Is it because there are other kids in the family that are not well behaved maybe??

btinrb
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 3:30 PM

No other little children in the family.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Has you talked to her about it at all?

MonkeysGrammy
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Well that just sux! If he is the only little guy and her nephew why make it so obvious that he is excluded? Personally I just wouldn't go if I were dd#1 and if she (dd#2) had a problem with that, I would just let her know that she already made my decision for me by excluding my WHOLE family! Thanks, your toaster is in the mail!!

MonkeysGrammy

blank staresimple frownconfusedsurprised

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 29, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Some people just don't want kids at Their wedding. I was 1 of them. We eloped and I had a dd that stayed home. People want what they want.

Aurorasmom
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 9:48 PM
I don't blame her. I think destination weddings are more appropriate as adult-only. And please don't make this about the baby. I understand wanting everyone in the family to be included, but this is the bride and groom's big day and their wishes should be followed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 29, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Ack.. Idk.. I wouldn't expect the bride to change where it is based on just one child. But its a hard spot for your other dd to be in since she can't bring the baby.
Can they stay at another local resort then just come for the wedding? Her hubby and the baby can hang back at their room for the festivities. Then everyone would be happy (?).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)