Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Anxiety!

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM
  • 19 Replies
Ok so I have posted something similar to this before. I need some different things to say to dh! His parents refuse to take their shoes off in our house. I know to some it isn't a big deal to me it is. I have asked that they don't but all they say to dh is that they will not take them off. Their excuse is if the dogs walk on the carpet so can they. Well my dogs are MY dogs. Their feet get cleaned off before coming back into the house. What can I say to dh now that I am completely fed up!? No debate ladies just some different ways to tell him enough is enough. Simple things are better! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I have this problem too. Disrespectful people. This might sound harsh but I don't invite anyone over anymore. lol

Kristin42010
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 11:55 AM
His mom and dad are the only ones that disrespect me. The rest of his family doesn't mind at all. That's what makes me so mad. If it was someone elses house they would. They love to cause pain to me. Anything to hurt me and they will do it! I won't let my kids go to their house because they never close their basement door and dd is 21 months. I can't take that chance. It's a lose lose for me! Lol

Quoting goddess99:

I have this problem too. Disrespectful people. This might sound harsh but I don't invite anyone over anymore. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2012 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

My son used to have this rule at his house and I tried everything to get out of it..lol. He doesn't have it anymore. Sorry, I just hated taking off my shoes. But it is your house and they should respect it.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Hope things work out get better somehow.

Quoting Kristin42010:

His mom and dad are the only ones that disrespect me. The rest of his family doesn't mind at all. That's what makes me so mad. If it was someone elses house they would. They love to cause pain to me. Anything to hurt me and they will do it! I won't let my kids go to their house because they never close their basement door and dd is 21 months. I can't take that chance. It's a lose lose for me! Lol

Quoting goddess99:

IWannaLoveAgain
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

How about tell him ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!! give he some repercussions.. something you always do for him, dont do it anymore. Dont do HIS laundry, or something just small like that.. and when he asks why say "well I've got enough to worry about, like your parents walking on our carpet with their shoes, and i just didnt think about YOUR laundry.." subtle things. dont make a huge issue over it, or an argument.

Pammi86
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
You will just have to put your foot down! Tell them, my house my rules! Be clear your not trying to be rude or cause problems but this is just how it is! Either they do it or they don't come inside!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristin42010
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 1:09 PM
You didn't feel like you were disrespecting him? Is he married? How did his wife feel if so? Not trying to argue just trying to see it from the other side. My family has no problem with it. His mom and dad are the only ones.

Quoting Janet:

My son used to have this rule at his house and I tried everything to get out of it..lol. He doesn't have it anymore. Sorry, I just hated taking off my shoes. But it is your house and they should respect it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Feb. 6, 2012 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I would tell them if you can't take off your shoes in my house then don't bother coming over at all.

javamom12
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 1:47 PM

As long as they don't have wet mud on their shoes, I would let them keep the shoes on.

periwinkle163
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Offer house shoes that are just for them, some people just don't like to have bare feet. Also it sounds like you are taking this way to personal. Maybe look at things from their point of view too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN