• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my dd is sick now

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:30 AM
  • 28 Replies
Lots of coughing due to phlegm...so very congested. DH thought it was such a smart idea to make spaghetti last night because it was easier for him...well she threw that up along with wads of phlegm.

Anyways, she just woke up and Idk what I should give her for breakfast and lunch today. She's only 2 so telling her to drink hot tea isn't going to work. Oh and we don't have soup except for that ramen noodle crap with the disgusting package of fake chicken and spices powder...

Help :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I usually do the BRAT diet: bananas, rice, applesauce, (dry) toast. Hope she feels better soon!

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
No dairy, it'll make the phlegm worse. You can still make the ramen and either don't use the season package or only use a small amount of it. Crackers are another good option.

I'm dealing with this too, all 3 of mine and my DH are all sick with this runny nose, coughing, phlegm-y mess. Let's hope everyone gets better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3brown1blue
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM
I wasted half a banana on DS...who ended up not eating it because it was in his cereal...grrr...chooses the worst time to be picky; before school and Nana waiting on him.

Thanks I'll do some toast.

Quoting goddess99:

I usually do the BRAT diet: bananas, rice, applesauce, (dry) toast. Hope she feels better soon!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3brown1blue
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:48 AM
The milk thing will be a battle since she loves milk ... hopefully she can go through a day without her milk.

I wont do ramen noodles for her...bad noodle night last night...I'm staying away from that today...

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

No dairy, it'll make the phlegm worse. You can still make the ramen and either don't use the season package or only use a small amount of it. Crackers are another good option.

I'm dealing with this too, all 3 of mine and my DH are all sick with this runny nose, coughing, phlegm-y mess. Let's hope everyone gets better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I have the same issue. My girls love their milk. They are so mad at me that I won't let them have any. Lol

Don't blame you there!

Quoting 3brown1blue:

The milk thing will be a battle since she loves milk ... hopefully she can go through a day without her milk.

I wont do ramen noodles for her...bad noodle night last night...I'm staying away from that today...

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3brown1blue
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:21 AM
So I tried the toast and she didn't want it. Having applesauce in the fridge cooling right now.

Quoting goddess99:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Will she eat crackers? If you have pedialyte you could try that too since she's losing some fluids.

3brown1blue
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:25 AM
No crackers and no pedialyte :-( ... just juices

Quoting goddess99:

Will she eat crackers? If you have pedialyte you could try that too since she's losing some fluids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Hopefully she'll like the applesauce.

Quoting 3brown1blue:

No crackers and no pedialyte :-( ... just juices

Quoting goddess99:

Katherine696997
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Quoting goddess99:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)