• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you have 250 friends on facebook...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:33 AM
  • 27 Replies
... And not more than 2 comment or like your posts and pictures ( if even that).I live in Germany so it's my main way of keeping in touch with friends and family but I'm almost never on anymore. I post happy news most of the time but it doesn't matter. Nobody gives a f*ck. doesn't matter how much I try to stay involved and up to date with them. I'm just done with it. I wish it didn't hurt my feelings so much though. :(
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KayLundy3
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Aw, are you close to these people?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I know the feeling. The ONLY reason I even have a fb account is so dh's family can connect with us. We are in america and they are in england. They NEVER comment when i post things. I put pics and things about dh on fb, not 1 comment from them anyway. They suck. I've even deleted some of them.

ItsRainingBoys
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Yes, I have 6 sisters on it! I know every one of them personally. I just feel like after posting exciting news, at least a few people would have something to say, right? Or heck, even like the dang thing! We have been in Germany for almost 4 years and are coming home this June. I worry I'm still going to feel isolated from my family even after we get back. It just makes me so sad!
ItsRainingBoys
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Quoting goddess99:

I know the feeling. The ONLY reason I even have a fb account is so dh's family can connect with us. We are in america and they are in england. They NEVER comment when i post things. I put pics and things about dh on fb, not 1 comment from them anyway. They suck. I've even deleted some of them.

I know exactly how you feel. And then I have friends with blogs that have tons of followers and their posts on Facebook get all these comments.... What am I doing wrong?? Lol I spend so much time updating our family blog and nobody gives a damn about it!
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Yeah I thought about doing a family blog but after fb I realized the only people who would read it is random strangers. I think we have to stop trying lol

Quoting ItsRainingBoys:

Quoting goddess99:

I know exactly how you feel. And then I have friends with blogs that have tons of followers and their posts on Facebook get all these comments.... What am I doing wrong?? Lol I spend so much time updating our family blog and nobody gives a damn about it!

ItsRainingBoys
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Quoting goddess99:

Lol yeah I think you're right about that. Hmm now how to spend my free time? No Facebook frees up quite a bit. Haha
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Well there's always CafeMom lol.. I live here lol

Quoting ItsRainingBoys:

Quoting goddess99:

Lol yeah I think you're right about that. Hmm now how to spend my free time? No Facebook frees up quite a bit. Haha

ItsRainingBoys
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Too much fighting on here. lol I can only take so much before  I have to get off. 

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting ItsRainingBoys:

Quoting goddess99:

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Some groups are like that but this one is not. There are a few fun groups.

Quoting ItsRainingBoys:

Too much fighting on here. lol I can only take so much before  I have to get off. 

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting ItsRainingBoys:

Quoting goddess99:

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:03 AM

This is just a fun group. I've not seen drama here, and I'm here every day. http://www.cafemom.com/group/103401

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)