Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone from TN?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:07 PM
  • 12 Replies

DH and I vacationed a few years ago in Nashville, we actually stayed in Brentwood.  We fell in love with the area, we even came home and started looking at moving.  We ended up not moving because we didn't want DH to have to start all over again with seniority in his trade.  Recently, DH's employer was purchased by another company and relocating has become an option without the risk of losing seniority.  So, we've been discussing again moving to TN (we live in WI).  We loved Brentwood, but we know it's a pretty expensive area. 

Can anyone tell me some good areas to look in?  We are pretty much open to wherever as long as schools are good (we have a 9 y/o, 4 y/o and 7 m/o) and it's safe.  TIA!

Michele, loving wife to Justin
 Aubrey 12/22/02
Gracey 1/7/08
 Oliver 6/28/11

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM

BUMP

bektx
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I am in Memphis, but DH commuted back and forth to Nashville last year and we looked at moving.  

Nashville has some great areas.  They have an amazing Spanish Immersion Elementary school as well.  It starts in K, and is public!!  You have to apply, but my best friend's niece and nephew attend, and her bro and sil love it.  It's called Glendale Spanish Immersion Elementary, and it's in Nashville proper off 65 north of Brentwood.  Homes in that area start at about $200 grand.  

pegleg63
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM

That's funny that you live in Wis. now and want to move to TN.  I live in Wis. too.  My mom and step-dad moved from Wis to TN several years ago!  Now my mom wants all the family to move there since she misses us. I told her I am not moving.  They moved for the nicer weather.  They live in a small town called Elizabethton, it's in the far, far east side of TN. They like it there.  I've been there to visit, it's nice, but as much as I hate winter, I won't leave my family here, LOL.

LivinDeadGurl
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I have family in a small town of Sweetwater. It's about 45 minutes from Knoxville. I have never lived in the area, but I have visited many many times and it is gorgeous out there. I'd recommend the area.

meagan0716
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 2:54 PM
I like clarksville tn its smaller than Nashville
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mizhoward
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:58 AM
My mom lives in Clarksville and my sister lives in Murfreesboro. I live in Pulaski, which is an hour south of Nashville. Franklin and Murfreesoro seem to have some excellent schools.
LOVEiink
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I live in Clarksville...it's about 30-45 minutes north of Nashvilleand it's a pretty nice area.  Great schools, nice metro area without being too large or too expensive.  

Pammi86
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Sorry not I! But good luck ! : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PreciousMoment8
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 9:42 AM

the best towns are crosville, dunlap, sweetwater, jasper, whitwill, pikeville if your looking for small country like towns. if bigger city is more your style, then id say chattanooga. it right there close to knoxville & nashville and lookout mountain is beautiful!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)