Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taxes!!!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:04 PM
  • 10 Replies
Ugh this is so stressful! We are getting back a pretty good chunk of money. Dh wants to pay off his truck. I want to put it into savings. My
Reason is we are so rocky right now that if I need some money I need it to be there. He acts like he controls the money!! Ugh wth do I do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chad00natalie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Explain that he has to compromise with you, everything should be decided equally, your not a child you should have a say in where the money goes too, :) maybe you two should calmly talk and listen to eachothers reasoning, I hope things work out <3

spmmmommie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM
I hate to say it but wouldnt paying off the truck free up alot of money every month. Maybe your compromise could be the money that you would be putting into payments every month be put into savings. It would save you money in interest and you would still have savings. But you should be treated like an equal on all fronts, financially especially.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristin42010
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:38 PM
It wouldn't free up hardly any money. We have been talking about getting a divorce so I would feel more comfortable knowing money was there if I had to find a place to live.

Quoting spmmmommie:

I hate to say it but wouldnt paying off the truck free up alot of money every month. Maybe your compromise could be the money that you would be putting into payments every month be put into savings. It would save you money in interest and you would still have savings. But you should be treated like an equal on all fronts, financially especially.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Well I'm assuming you want the taxes to pay for a divorce lawyer? Hard to talk him into that. You might have to try to convince him to split the money. Good luck.

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Oh I see, I didn't think he knew you were thinking divorce.

Quoting Kristin42010:

It wouldn't free up hardly any money. We have been talking about getting a divorce so I would feel more comfortable knowing money was there if I had to find a place to live.

Quoting spmmmommie:

spmmmommie
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:15 AM
In your situation id want the money aswell. Dont ask his permission. Just take it well at least half. He has no right to keep it from you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:30 AM

This is a hard one. One thing is he can't cash that check without you. So, I would at tell him you want your half. That you don't agree with his decision.

Pammi86
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Dh and I never agree really lol! But if we are getting back what we expected this year makes it easier! We both get what we want and can start a savings. Paying off the car comes next year for us! And I am pretty excited about that actually bc it means we can then get a new car and rid of my dh's clunker! : )

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:52 PM
From what you have told us.. Good luck getting him to agree to splitting it with you. He wants you to not have control over your own life. So I don't just see him handing you the cash. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Pay off truck. Will save you in the long run.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)