Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Delivers 15.5 Pound Baby Boy

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:50 PM
  • 16 Replies

chun chunWhat's with all the humongous babies all of a sudden? Only one week after a woman in Iowa gave birth to the biggest baby ever born in that state (13 pounds, 12 ounces!), a woman in China has given birth to what is believed to be the biggest baby ever bornin that most populous country. And hard as it might be to wrap your mind around, babyChun Chun, who was born on Saturday in central China (Xinxiang City, Henan province, for those who know their geography), makes Iowa newborn Asher Stewardson look almost like a little guy.

Chun Chun, whose 29-year-old mom had no idea how big he'd be, tipped the scales at birth at a whopping 15.5 pounds! (The baby's dad insists his wife, who delivered Chun Chun via c-section, ate nothing usual during her pregnancy, in case you were wondering.) 

Both mother and baby are reportedly doing well. And Chun Chun's parents are proud as can be of their healthy baby boy.

Of course they are proud. He's cute as a button! A very LARGE button. How large? Well, to put it in perspective, here are a few other things you might pluck from your kitchen shelves or fridge (rounded to the nearest whole number) that weigh about 15.5 pounds (or 248 ounces):

62 sticks of butter

10 jars of spaghetti sauce

7 liters of seltzer

50 cans of tuna fish

8 boxes of Domino's sugar

16 bags of pasta

23 cans of Campbell's soup

2 gallons of milk

Chun Chun is also the size of two average-sized babies (7 pounds., 8 ounces). In other words, that cute bundle Chun Chun is a lot of delicious baby to love!

What do you think of the idea of a 15.5 pound newborn?

Sarah: Mommy to 2 little monsters. ♥ Mom to Mom Group Mod.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM

wow but he's a cute chunker =)

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Aghhh... the video disappeared! I'm not used to posting from a computer again, lol.

3brown1blue
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:05 PM
He's big but there's not really much you can do about the weight...he's healthy and as long as they keep him happy then that's all that matters. He is adorable. My DD was 8lb 11oz
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redpatz
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Omigosh.. my back and ribs ached so badly from carrying my biggest baby (the youngest) & he was only 8lbs, 6 oz. I can't even imagine carrying around 15 lbs! Wow!
brimi09
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Dang, he's huge, but cute
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krystle21
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Wow. I would like to see her preggo belly pics
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

He's huge.  Ouch!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I can't imagine being pregnant with him! I guess it would be like carrying around twins.

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Well at least she delivered c-section...ouch! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyKBabies
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I think he's adorable. Feel bad for mom though. I don't know about there, but here if you have a c-section you have a weight limit of 10 lbs. for awhile. If it's the same there, technically she can't carry him around. That would be horrible to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)