Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi. Chantix anyone ever had to try it

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:08 PM
  • 14 Replies
Hi.

Recently I have been taking Chantix (the stop smoking pill) my Doctor gave me. So far it is working I am on week 2 I had smoked the first week I took it but now I do not want to. Well Sometimes I still do but my body tells me no. I keep feeling nauses after I take it after supper. It says eat after a meal, so I did. I am not taking any other medications at night either.

My question is>Has anyone used this? How long did it take to work fully? What or IF were your side effects.

Thanks Ladies!
Charliesmom30
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Bump

meagan0716
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:13 PM
My mother in law took it for 3 months. She has been smoke free for 3yrs now. She lost her appetite with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:13 PM

bump!

3brown1blue
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:15 PM
I used to smoke but I never had to use anything to stop myself from smoking...so here's a bump for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliesmom30
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:27 PM
ty ya i still have my appitite i just started taking it its my 2nd week. Thanks everyone for the advice:)
redpatz
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:30 PM
I don't smoke so I haven't tried any smoking cessation products. I do have a friend that swears by those smokeless, water-vapor "cigarettes". She's said they worked great & she's been smoke-free for a year now.
charliesmom30
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:08 PM
ya the smokeless ones do work but i started up again after quiting for 8 months after surgery-just stress got to me i guess. i am trying to quit again. so far chantix is working! Good luck to your friend hope she keeps it up-it is very hard!!!
sandraberke
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:36 AM
No, sorry my dr wont rx chantix to me.he says that drug is not good for ya.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gogi86
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:04 AM
I tried it a couple years ago. Worked great for the cravings, but the mood swings I had were absolutely ridiculous! I talked to my doc about it and he said it was a side effect for some people and took me off it that day. I loved that I didn't crave nicotine, but I was the angriest person alive for no reason and couldn't stand to be around myself LOL
My DH had no problem with it and it worked great for him. Good for you and I wish you all the best -- quitting smoking is tough!!
stormystar15
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:09 AM
My mom took it for 3 weeks and so far shes been smoke free for almost a month. it was making her really nausous so thats why she quit taking it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)