Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe my teacher said this to me !!!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:07 PM
  • 58 Replies

I am still in school and we have a class called school age parenting and it is the daycare for teen moms. We have to take it. Well me and another mom were talking about when we were going to have more kids. I said maybe in my 20-30 so I have a good job. My teacher sticks her nose in our conversation and said oh yea that way you and your 14 year old daughter can be pregnant together. I was dumbfounded. I then said what just because we are teen moms our kids are going to be like that...? She said YES ! I was very upset whe she said this to me.

Do all teen mom's kids end up teen moms?

Was she right on saying this ?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misslady80013
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Everyone is different so no. My evil mom has 3 daughters. The other two are 17 just had her daughter in September and 20 with two boys. Both high school drop outs with no jobs. It is up to your kids to break the cycle if they choose to. I refuse to follow that path. That is a comment your teacher should have kept to herself or said differently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vikki77
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM
8 moms liked this
No! She was completely out of line! I think you should file a complaint against her. If she feels that way she shouldn't even be teaching that class! Way wrong! And no not all kids have kids young just because their mom did. It all depends on the kid. Don't let her stress you. Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2wardgirls
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:30 PM
I think she was out of line too!!!

Quoting Vikki77:

No! She was completely out of line! I think you should file a complaint against her. If she feels that way she shouldn't even be teaching that class! Way wrong! And no not all kids have kids young just because their mom did. It all depends on the kid. Don't let her stress you. Hugs!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM

She wasn't right to say it.

Aslen
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

one perpetuates the other. Seeing that in your picture you have TWO babies... it's not far off the mark. How about don't even WORRYabout babies until you have that good job...

PEEK05
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

She sounds like a bitch.

mjande4
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Statistically speaking the teacher is correct.  I hope for your child's sake that he/she breaks the cycle, but the odds are not in his/her favor.

BekkieBoodle
Wow...I would file a complaint.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
huntersmama711
I agree with this

Quoting Vikki77:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
Wow...pretty sure I'd be saying something to someone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)