Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone a CF expert? kinda tmi

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:48 PM
  • 13 Replies
I thought about asking this question in the TTC group but since I'm not currently trying to get pregnant, I didn't want to upset ladies who have been trying for a long time... So I came here.

I'm on CD 22 and I'm pretty sure I'm on schedule for a 30 day cycle. I went to the bathroom earlier and felt this gush type feeling. When I wiped almost the entire square of toilet paper was filled with fluid! It was pretty watery but had some spots that were more of the EWCM consistency.... Does anyone know what that means? Do you typically get that after ovulation? Am I ovulating late? Could it just be some random fluke? Is it normally associated with implantation? I'm worried because DH and I had unprotected sex last night twice and our son is only 7 months old... not that we wouldn't be happy but it really isn't the plan right now and I don't want him to freak out. Any help is appreciated! Thanks ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:25 AM

bump

babybluesmommy
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:08 AM
I don't know what it would be, but here's a Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I have no idea, sorry.

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 13, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Bump

jltplk25
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:16 PM
No way of telling, really. Wait for end of your cycle and test. Best bet is to start charting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsBonnieK
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I went through infertility treatments, and I remember being told the following:

The last day on which fertile Egg White Consistency Cervical Mucus (EWCM) is observed is considered your day of "peak fertility".

You can check your cervical mucus by wiping your vaginal area with a tissue. Observe the tissue. Close the tissue around the cm and open it. Is it stretchy? EWCM should stretch 1-10 inches. You can also insert two fingers into the vaginal cavity and pull the mucus from the cervix. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly with a anti-bacterial soap prior to doing this.  Do not do this if you suspect infection.

Stages of Cervical Fluid: Post Menses

Stage 1: Lasting 2 - 3 days CM is Sticky or Gummy (S) 
Stage 2: Lasting 2- 4 days: CM is Creamy, Milky, Lotion Like - Beginning of your fertile period (C)

Stage 3: Lasting 1-5 days: Egg white Cervical Fluid - At this time you are very fertile. (E)
Stage 4: Dry, Moist or Sticky  (Infertile)

Peak fertile cervical mucus is thin and stretchy. After ovulation, progesterone abruptly suppresses the peak mucus and the mucus pattern continues with sticky mucus for a day or two, and then returns to dryness.

Hope this helps...

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.butterfly

mrsnoble2004
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Good possibilty it's just, for lack of a better word, runoff from last night's roll in the hay.

starreyedcutie
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:37 PM
That's what I was thinking

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Good possibilty it's just, for lack of a better word, runoff from last night's roll in the hay.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NLTenney
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 4:49 PM
I used to chart but it's unreliable right now since my son gets me up at different times during the night. I think I'm just going to hope for the best here. Thanks for the help. :)

Quoting jltplk25:

No way of telling, really. Wait for end of your cycle and test. Best bet is to start charting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NLTenney
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Freaks me out a bit more but it does help. Lol. Thank you!

Quoting MsBonnieK:

I went through infertility treatments, and I remember being told the following:

The last day on which fertile Egg White Consistency Cervical Mucus (EWCM) is observed is considered your day of "peak fertility".

You can check your cervical mucus by wiping your vaginal area with a tissue. Observe the tissue. Close the tissue around the cm and open it. Is it stretchy? EWCM should stretch 1-10 inches. You can also insert two fingers into the vaginal cavity and pull the mucus from the cervix. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly with a anti-bacterial soap prior to doing this.  Do not do this if you suspect infection.

Stages of Cervical Fluid: Post Menses

Stage 1: Lasting 2 - 3 days CM is Sticky or Gummy (S) 
Stage 2: Lasting 2- 4 days: CM is Creamy, Milky, Lotion Like - Beginning of your fertile period (C)

Stage 3: Lasting 1-5 days: Egg white Cervical Fluid - At this time you are very fertile. (E)
Stage 4: Dry, Moist or Sticky  (Infertile)

Peak fertile cervical mucus is thin and stretchy. After ovulation, progesterone abruptly suppresses the peak mucus and the mucus pattern continues with sticky mucus for a day or two, and then returns to dryness.

Hope this helps...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)