Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Movies you would not let DD watch at 10

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 3:13 AM
  • 20 Replies

My dd and I had a conversation today about braking dawn. She is 10 and I told her I already watched it. She was sad and said when do we get to watch it . I said you ummmm in about 2 to 3 years and I had a serious face. I really think she thought I was joking. I was not I will not let her watch it for a few years and If that makes me a bad mom so be it. She called me a jerk and said her friends had watched it. I said well my mom always told me I am not there mother. Now if they are in my house they will not watch it. I said I love you and I hope you understand there are things that you need to be a bit older. we made up :) what do you think of Braking Dawn and 10 year old girls.

Tell me what movies your dd has asked to watch but you have said no. 

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 3:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 7:21 AM
I have a DS, but have had the same issues... Transformers (third one) was a hard one. DH and I screened it and I was horrified and couldn't imagine letting him watch it even though most of the off color joke would have gone over his head. We decided to wait till it came out on dvd and, girl, I was pausing it every five to ten minutes saying things like "I don't ever expect to hear that from you mouth." or "you are never to say that to a female...ever!" Idk if he even enjoyed the movie with my "teachable " moments. PG 13 means just that, ya know? The sexual content in movies and tv shows (I'm gonna let him listen to the talk on two and a half men? yeah! right!)
I'm glad you put your foot down and I'm glad you made up. Do you know if the book is as.....graphic? Maybe you could read the book and offer it to her if it is "more padded"? she'll enjoy it just as much in your timeframe. My son is twelve, but I am still careful about what movies and shows he watches....I don't want him repeating some ugly slam he heard. We parent our children, and you did great with I am your parent not thiers.
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 8:43 AM
2 moms liked this
My DD is 9 and desperately wants to watch Breaking Dawn. I saw it in theaters so I know the content...and I've told her she can't watch it. I agree...it's a little grown up for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
The book is way more graphic.

Quoting hollydaze1974:

I have a DS, but have had the same issues... Transformers (third one) was a hard one. DH and I screened it and I was horrified and couldn't imagine letting him watch it even though most of the off color joke would have gone over his head. We decided to wait till it came out on dvd and, girl, I was pausing it every five to ten minutes saying things like "I don't ever expect to hear that from you mouth." or "you are never to say that to a female...ever!" Idk if he even enjoyed the movie with my "teachable " moments. PG 13 means just that, ya know? The sexual content in movies and tv shows (I'm gonna let him listen to the talk on two and a half men? yeah! right!)

I'm glad you put your foot down and I'm glad you made up. Do you know if the book is as.....graphic? Maybe you could read the book and offer it to her if it is "more padded"? she'll enjoy it just as much in your timeframe. My son is twelve, but I am still careful about what movies and shows he watches....I don't want him repeating some ugly slam he heard. We parent our children, and you did great with I am your parent not thiers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 8:48 AM
I won't let my kids see out either. My son was in kindergarten when Twilight came out and has a fit I wouldn't let him watch it cause other kids at school were talking about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livethrewmykids
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 10:06 AM

BUMP!

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:28 PM

bump!

Livethrewmykids
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:29 PM

BUMP!

Livethrewmykids
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:29 PM

BUMP!

Electronica_Mom
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

my girls are only 2 & 6 but I WILL NOT let them watch anything with any sexual content. BUT I will let them watch sword fighting, Magic fighting (nothing too bloody or with guns). I let them watch Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter(not the last ones), and Naruto....yes we're nerds. 

I won't let my 6 year old watch Victorious, How to Rock, Big Time Rush....really any "pre-teen" Disney or Nickelodeon show. Even though little girls in her class do. Too much boyfriend/girlfriend/kissing talk to me. It's disgusting.

I agree, I wouldn't let her watch any twilight movies till she was a TEEN. 

Livethrewmykids
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Ya I hear ya I do tho let my dd watch the tween stuff. She is very Knowable and has a promise ring around her neck. Not that stops even the pastors daughter's lol. I have asked her about what she wants to be when she gets older and remind her how old I was when I had her and her brother. 26 and 28 :) She says she really wants to start out baby setting in our home. after training from the hospital when she is 11. Then she wants to go to school to be a specialized foster home. :( She wants to show love to kids like her mommy was. So gf and bf stuff is not a issue yet mind you I can only do my best. I do love the nerd stuff my dh and ds are two :) love them I don't care for them to watch like fight club and gang stuff we don't live in a area where it is a issue so maybe when they are older. I can't even watch that stuff very much now dh on the other hand is from Cali so he has seen it all ( lol so he claims) two different worlds.

Quoting Electronica_Mom:

my girls are only 2 & 6 but I WILL NOT let them watch anything with any sexual content. BUT I will let them watch sword fighting, Magic fighting (nothing too bloody or with guns). I let them watch Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter(not the last ones), and Naruto....yes we're nerds. 

I won't let my 6 year old watch Victorious, How to Rock, Big Time Rush....really any "pre-teen" Disney or Nickelodeon show. Even though little girls in her class do. Too much boyfriend/girlfriend/kissing talk to me. It's disgusting.

I agree, I wouldn't let her watch any twilight movies till she was a TEEN. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN