Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Movies you would not let DD watch at 10

My dd and I had a conversation today about braking dawn. She is 10 and I told her I already watched it. She was sad and said when do we get to watch it . I said you ummmm in about 2 to 3 years and I had a serious face. I really think she thought I was joking. I was not I will not let her watch it for a few years and If that makes me a bad mom so be it. She called me a jerk and said her friends had watched it. I said well my mom always told me I am not there mother. Now if they are in my house they will not watch it. I said I love you and I hope you understand there are things that you need to be a bit older. we made up :) what do you think of Braking Dawn and 10 year old girls.

Tell me what movies your dd has asked to watch but you have said no. 

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 3:13 AM
Replies (11-20):
mrskelby
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have any daughters, but my youngest son is 10. While he has seen the first few movies in the twilight series (didn't see them until about 4 months ago), I won't let him watch Breaking Dawn.  I haven't actually seen it yet myself, but I did read the books, and by some of the content shown in the commercials, I'm not comfortable with him watching it yet. 

Good job putting your foot down.  clapping

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 15, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd doesn't really have much interest in movies other than documentaries so I haven't had this conversation yet. She's 9. TV and movies just aren't that big in our home.

OliviasMommy611
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livethrewmykids
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM

BUMP!

Livethrewmykids
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM

BUMP!

Vikki77
by Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 12:54 AM
Ok, so I guess I am the bad parent here. Lol My son, almost 8 has seen ask the Twilight movies. He has seen a lot that other parents don't let their kids watch. But he does understand that he doesn't repeat the things he hears or sees. I am just more flexible on that sort of thing. I'm more flexible on most things I guess. But he also knows when I say no, it's for a good reason, and doesn't even question it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crysta82
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I screen all movies before my kids watch. my DD 10 is mad for the same exact reason. Ohh and part one of Harry Potter Deathly Hallows. The whole thing in the smoke had me saying no!
Livethrewmykids
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Na your not a bad parent. :( I just don't feel my dd needs to see the sex and violent birth. She has watched all of them but the new braking dawn. 

Quoting Vikki77:

Ok, so I guess I am the bad parent here. Lol My son, almost 8 has seen ask the Twilight movies. He has seen a lot that other parents don't let their kids watch. But he does understand that he doesn't repeat the things he hears or sees. I am just more flexible on that sort of thing. I'm more flexible on most things I guess. But he also knows when I say no, it's for a good reason, and doesn't even question it.

Livethrewmykids

BUMP!

Livethrewmykids

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN