Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Toddler loosing weight HELP

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi Moms

My son is 18 months old, he keep loosing weight and very picky eater,, so the time he dont eat anything i give him juice and cookies pretty much a lot of snack,, his doctor got little upset

I want him to start gaining weight from today    HELP,,, He doesnt like eggs lol lol

can anyone give me list of what to feed him during the day,,,,breakfast lunch dinner snack?  the more choices the better,,,,Thanks 

by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Replies (11-16):
bcharadva
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 11:06 PM
My son does not eat yogurt, ice creams, or smoothies... He would have some pudding once a blue moon... I have no idea why a kid would not love smoothies!!!

Quoting 3brown1blue:

Um stop with the cookies for one. Make fruit smoothies using some greek yogurt, 1% or 2% milk, ground cheerios (put in blender before anything else), bananas and any other fruit you  have around, even throw in a veggie as well...blend all together...my kids love it when I make the smoothies

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danielsmommy10
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Juice is not a good choice at that age, it is just empty calories and sugar.  If you want to give your LO juice, it is better to make it yourself.  

When my son was that age we went through a similar experience.  He would not eat anything but pasta, bread and yogurt.  He liked orange juice, that's how I tricked him into "drinking" some vegetables - I would juice celery, carrots, beets and add a little but to freashly squeezed orange juice.  

When your LO refuses to eat at all, try to give Pediasure, it has all necessary elements for growth and development.  

moms rock Elena

orngblsm
by Member on Feb. 17, 2012 at 9:22 AM

First off, stop with the juice and cookies.  He needs nutrition, not empty calories.  Also you are putting yourself in the position that if it doesn't taste sweet, he most likely won't eat it.  One of my son's was an extremely picky eater.  His doctor had me give him high protein Boost twice a day.  He liked the chocolate the best.  It put four pounds on him in a month and with the added nutrition, he started being more active as well.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Looks like the mama's gave you a lot of good advise. I would definitely add the boost to his diet to help him gain weight. Hope it all works out for you. Keep us posted.

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Stop giving him cookies and juice, he filling up on that, and don't forget about cavaties. Give him healthy snacks, fruits, vegetables, crackers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ria1013
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 12:58 PM

These are all great advise thanks,, and am going to buy insure today to see how that would work,,will keep you posted

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)