Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Tummy Issues

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 11:32 AM
  • 149 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hey Ladies.

im 21 years old and i have a 3 year old son; ever since iv had him iv been very down about my body-i cant even show my boyfriend my tummy because i have stretch marks; he tells me im beautiful no matter what and that its part of being a mommy but for some reason i can convince myself that its ok; its starting to effect my sex drive cause i just am so down about myself. HELP!!

Have any of you felt this way before? what do i do? i want my convidence back!!

by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fgeith05
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 11:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Have u started working out? or is it just the stretch marks that bothers you? There is some cream you could try called maderma i think. Its supposed to help with scars andthats pretty much what stretch marks are. Good luck!

sassylilbabe4u
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM

My weight isnt an issue im 100lbs its just the stretch marks :/ thank you ill have to give that cream a try!

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 20, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Bump

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Oh honey...I've had 3 kids...and I've felt like that since the first one was born.  My DH says the same thing...he thinks I'm more beautiful now than before because I've given him children and my stretch marks are my badges of honor.  I know he means well, but ya...I don't care.  I still don't have any interest in sex because of my body.  One of my friends had a breast reduction surgery and they told her to use Mederma for her incisions to help with the reduction of scars and she said it actually worked better for her stretch marks than the incisions.  

Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 5:08 PM

100lbs. May I ask how tall you are?

Quoting sassylilbabe4u:

My weight isnt an issue im 100lbs its just the stretch marks :/ thank you ill have to give that cream a try!

3brown1blue
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Can't help you out there hun, I've been insecure about the way I look ever since elementary school. Good luck though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Feb. 20, 2012 at 7:09 PM
No one can fix this but you! We all feel insecure at times but you just have to work through it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Small10
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I am the same way. Since my first child. But just keep in mind what your hubby tells you. I am slowly starting to get there. I just had the second and my marks are worse than ever. but keep your head up.. 

crysta82
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 12:21 AM

4 kids later my husband says I am beautiful. I am overweight and feel morbid obese. I do work out and eat healthy and never seem to loose weight. I was called fat by my grandparents, aunts and uncles, my ex and my father all my life. I have the most insecure feelings about myself. the pic you see on my profile my husband took and made me put on here..lol. I will never be dainty and feel like an elephant all the time. I wont let my husband even see me naked in the 4+ years we have been together. He says I dont look like what I see. He is just sweet because I see it. I know body issues are hard to deal with. I feel your pain on this subject. But yo are beautiful!

LindseyKate
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 12:28 AM
48 moms liked this

It's a hard thing to overcome when you see them, but- you brought life into the world. You have done somthing that some women can only dream of! :) I have a hard time accepting mine as well, you just have to remember- even if YOU think they're ugly, someone else thinks they're beautiful <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)