Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Soo broke its not funny ** going to get my hair did to destress***

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:25 AM
  • 24 Replies

Yes exactly what the title says we are soo broke its not funny we are negative in our bank account and have no money to go grocery shopping with and we don't qualify for any state assistance our mortgage just went up $100.00 idk how we are going to pay that and our car no this isn't a sob story I just need to vent an work sent hubby home this morning because there's not enough work for everybody today and I can't seem to find a job that I can do from home because of hubby's work hours and the fact that I'm either over qualified or under qualified for a job sigh

End vent

**update***

yes my title says i'm broke and my update says i'm going to get my hair done to destress, yes thats correct but BUT!!! i'm not paying to get my hair done, a friend of mine is interviewing today for a part time job at a hair salon and needs a person to get their hair done for free and she called me and i said yes.. so i'm getting the works done, a wash,a trim, foils, curls, you name it i'm getting it done today just so i can help a friend get a job and i don't have to pay for NOTHING! yeah sounds good to me.... so i have to be at salon at 4 today, it'll get me out of the house and away from thinking too much about this crap....ooo and ps... and when i mean thinking about this crap we got an audit from 2009 for our school taxes soo now i'm screwed because i can't seem to find my 2009 tax forms!

by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Us too.  It's so stressful around here.  I want to cry but I think I'm just too stressed to do that too.  Hang in there...eventually things have to get better.

opinionatedmom
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 11:18 AM

sad thing is there are a lot of people in this postition. 8 yrs ago you could have said get a job they were there. now they are not. I have been looking religiously for 4 months and my son for 5 months with nothing. just interviews but no jobs. it sucks

Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Quoting opinionatedmom:

sad thing is there are a lot of people in this postition. 8 yrs ago you could have said get a job they were there. now they are not. I have been looking religiously for 4 months and my son for 5 months with nothing. just interviews but no jobs. it sucks

jujubugsmom
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 11:51 AM
2 moms liked this

Give it to God.

mrinewfe21
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Exactly my point and then today we got a letter from a collection company about our school taxes from 2009 being audited
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Feb. 23, 2012 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this
We are in the same boat! Times are tough right now but I manage to pay all my bills and not go negative! But by the end of the month our account maybe has a few bucks! It sucks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrinewfe21
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 1:20 PM
It does suck and what's worse is that my husband gets paid off of commission and only makes what he does for the day he's a tow truck driver so if they are slow and doesn't have many calls then I can guarantee our account will go negative and it doesn't help that he's not getting paid by the military at all I know it's not much but still it helps with the bills I know how we went negative this last time it's because his check was only around 400 and our bills were more then that

Quoting Pammi86:

We are in the same boat! Times are tough right now but I manage to pay all my bills and not go negative! But by the end of the month our account maybe has a few bucks! It sucks!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 23, 2012 at 2:49 PM

wow well I hope you hair looks cute lol good luck!! Hope things get better!

yourpassion
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Enjoy your pampering and hang in there!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrinewfe21
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:41 PM
The pampering was nice especially since it was free lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)