CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms (now including some of our very CafeMom staff members!) will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.
1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?
Right after my daughter was born I was really struggling with being the only parent in the home. The baby was having a particularly fussy day, I was trying to get dinner on the table, help my son with something, and just get through life (which seemed next to impossible some days with PPD). I just broke down and started crying. My then 5 year old, Cameron came over and comforted me. Then offered to feed his sister while I finished up dinner. Kaitlyn just stared up at him & he stared back at her with so much love in his eyes. He talked to her & she held onto his finger until she fell asleep. It was just the most perfect moment. And it made me realize... Even if I burn dinner, the baby cries, and so do I; that everything will be alright. It really is the little things in life that matter the most.
2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?
Mom to Mom
3. What do you like most about CafeMom?
There is always someone on to talk to. I have made some amazing friends on here!
4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)
I really enjoy doing all sorts of crafty things. I'm still learning to sew, making play food with felt, scrapbooking, and tons of other projects in between. I'm also a huge bookworm.
5. What are your favorites:
Book: Right now it's the Vampire Diaries series.
Movie: Big Daddy
Song: No by Jason Aldean
Food: Chocolate, of course!
Place to travel to: Sarasota, Florida.
6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?
Tina Fey, she is hilarious!
7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?
Take all the help you can get, don't let pride get in the way.
8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?
9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?
I wanted to be a teacher, I am a stay at home mom.
10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?
I don't think I would want to trade places with anyone.
Now answer her question for YOU:
For all the married moms...How did you know that your husband was "the one"?