Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ashamed....

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 5:44 PM
  • 16 Replies
I am ashamed of the people that are out on the road when our children are coming home from school. I live by 3 schools, 2 elementary and one high school, and from my patio I can see the kids coming home and the school buses dropping the children off. But for the life of me, I CAN'T figure out why the drivers just fly by when that red sign goes out so the children can safely get home. Do they think, "Oh that's not my kid, who cares?" They are not MINE but as a parent of a child that will be starting school in a few years it makes my nervous about even sending him.
I sat here yesterday and counted at LEAST 5 cars that flew by the bus and one of them flipped off the driver. What is this world coming to?
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vikki77
by Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 5:45 PM
That's sad. I'm glad I homeschool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Foreverhisgirl.
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 5:46 PM

That sounds horrifying. Do you think that complaining at City Hall might prompt some police officers to keep watch in the area? I know it's wishful thinking and it probably would not happen, but it would be nice if you could do something about it. :(

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 24, 2012 at 5:48 PM
I think people are in to much of a hurry to care. :/
I'm glad ds doesn't ride the bus!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Scary!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma4AJ
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:14 PM

my son is only 2... and with seeing these, for lack of a better term, stupid people, i am really considering the home schooling thing... i was kinda tramatized in junior high while riding the school bus, one of my friends was ran over and lost her leg while trying to get to the bus... i dont want my son to have to go threw that....

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 24, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I would call the police.

3Dani75
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I know what you mean, i live in a VERY small town & have to yell at people about getting to close to the bus or trying to go by it when my autistic son gets off the bus. One car was so close their bumper almost touched the back bumper of the bus, I barely got through to yell at the lady driving and she had the nerve to say mind my own business...uh hello you stupid bitch, it is my business, its my kid getting on/off the bus. I've made many reports to the county police department. We also have to deal with people driving way too fast, most towns, cities have 30-35 as the speed limit, ours is 45...we tried getting it changed over 20 years ago when my baby sister was 2 & got hit by a truck, no luck...I'm going to try again because of my sons disability but I doubt it will happen. Some people are in such a rush to get where their going they dont think about the safety of others. if you gotta go somehere and its getting to be the time where kids are getting on/off the buses then leave for your destination earlier than usuual so you miss the slower moving traffic. some people have no common sence.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Feb. 25, 2012 at 1:19 AM
I know what you mean! People are stupid!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma4AJ
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 4:24 AM
the thing about that is i live in a city, phoenix arizona to be exact, and az drivers are some of the worst ones. i actually called the mayors office today about it. i hope something will be done about it...

Quoting 3Dani75:

I know what you mean, i live in a VERY small town & have to yell at people about getting to close to the bus or trying to go by it when my autistic son gets off the bus. One car was so close their bumper almost touched the back bumper of the bus, I barely got through to yell at the lady driving and she had the nerve to say mind my own business...uh hello you stupid bitch, it is my business, its my kid getting on/off the bus. I've made many reports to the county police department. We also have to deal with people driving way too fast, most towns, cities have 30-35 as the speed limit, ours is 45...we tried getting it changed over 20 years ago when my baby sister was 2 & got hit by a truck, no luck...I'm going to try again because of my sons disability but I doubt it will happen. Some people are in such a rush to get where their going they dont think about the safety of others. if you gotta go somehere and its getting to be the time where kids are getting on/off the buses then leave for your destination earlier than usuual so you miss the slower moving traffic. some people have no common sence.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yourpassion
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 6:35 AM
That's a huge issue for me too!!! Cars drive by when my son gets on the bus. Most stop, but not all. The bus driver lays on the horn. Anyway, I hope something is done about it. When we lived in MI there was a poilice officer that sat back in a drive way, every morning during the school year, and monitored the speed and what not. It was great!!!! my kids weren't in school at the time though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)