Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

THROW UP!!! Help!!!

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 5:01 AM
  • 14 Replies
Dd has been throwing up ALL night! :(((( she will be 2 in April. Do you all have any idea what I could give her to ease it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 5:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think there's anything over the counter but you could call a pharmacy and ask. Hope she gets better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildmama3
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 9:36 AM
2 moms liked this

If she's running a fever along with the vomiting then I think a call to the doctor is in order. Especially if her eyes look kind of out of it. Since it's the weekend, there's usually one on call and they will call you back within a few minutes.   other then that, I'd keep her as comfortable as possible and try to keep her hydrated with things like gatorade or pedialyte so she's getting some kind of nourishment.    Good luck hun.  Hope she feels better soon.

Kristin42010
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Thank you! She had a little of a fever but now she feels better and still throwing up a little. She has kept down a little water and half of a cracker. Now she is eating a Popsicle if she keeps that down I am going to try something that is good for her. I didn't want to do anything to hard on her little belly. Her and mommy are watching tv and laying in bed. Poor thing hasn't slept since her nap yesterday. What breaks my heart is she starts crying after she throws up and keeps saying mommy and I can't do anything for her! :(

Quoting wildmama3:

If she's running a fever along with the vomiting then I think a call to the doctor is in order. Especially if her eyes look kind of out of it. Since it's the weekend, there's usually one on call and they will call you back within a few minutes.   other then that, I'd keep her as comfortable as possible and try to keep her hydrated with things like gatorade or pedialyte so she's getting some kind of nourishment.    Good luck hun.  Hope she feels better soon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildmama3
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:50 AM

You're Welcome. Sounds like you are doing a great job mommy.  When I was little, the only thing I could ever eat and keep down when I was sick were poached eggs on toast (mom made the toast soggy with some of the water that was used to poach the eggs). Since it is soggy, it doesn't take much to chew and get down.  It is heartbreaking when you can't do anything for them but they know that you are there and will make everything better by your magic hugs and kisses ;) 

That popsicle sounds good right about now though.  Might have to go get one for myself.

Quoting Kristin42010:

Thank you! She had a little of a fever but now she feels better and still throwing up a little. She has kept down a little water and half of a cracker. Now she is eating a Popsicle if she keeps that down I am going to try something that is good for her. I didn't want to do anything to hard on her little belly. Her and mommy are watching tv and laying in bed. Poor thing hasn't slept since her nap yesterday. What breaks my heart is she starts crying after she throws up and keeps saying mommy and I can't do anything for her! :(

Quoting wildmama3:

Kristin42010
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 11:21 AM
She is finally sleeping. Poor thing was up for 24 hrs! :( she kept the Popsicle down so next we will try a few fruit loops. She loves them. If she keeps those down I am going to find something with some vitamins. It bothers me so bad when I can't do anything. At least when she cuts teeth I can give her something.

That Popsicle must have been good. Lol she had no problem finishing it. :)

Quoting wildmama3:

You're Welcome. Sounds like you are doing a great job mommy.  When I was little, the only thing I could ever eat and keep down when I was sick were poached eggs on toast (mom made the toast soggy with some of the water that was used to poach the eggs). Since it is soggy, it doesn't take much to chew and get down.  It is heartbreaking when you can't do anything for them but they know that you are there and will make everything better by your magic hugs and kisses ;) 

That popsicle sounds good right about now though.  Might have to go get one for myself.

Quoting Kristin42010:

Quoting wildmama3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Stomach bug has been going around bad...jusr push water...don't worry about food the important thing is to stay hydrated !!! With my kids it lasted a week or so
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristin42010
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:48 PM
I hope it doesn't last that long :(

Quoting starreyedcutie:

Stomach bug has been going around bad...jusr push water...don't worry about food the important thing is to stay hydrated !!! With my kids it lasted a week or so

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Just keep pushing fluids. Do you have any pedialyte? We always keep a bottle on hand for times like this.

Hope she feels better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Pedialyte so she doesn't get dehydrated and when the vomiting ends I would use the BRAT diet: bananas, rice, applesauce, toast (dry).

katieabril
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
What i did for my son was get keropectat or how ever its spelt its pepermint flavored, then u boil milk and put a teaspoon of the kero in 2 ounces of the boiled milk.. hope it helps it did for my son he was like maybe a year.. idr lol hes 2 now.. he hasnt been sick that in a long time.. call the doc thou and ask..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN