Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Sooo

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:16 PM
  • 14 Replies
I'm sitting here watching "Amber's Story" on lifetime about that little girl who the alert was named after...and...well...did her mom really let her 9 year old daughter and 5 year old son ride off to another street without her supervision??? Is she stupid??? Please tell me lifetime is dramatizing it and in real life she was walking with them, she got knocked out and the dude took the girl then???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Arwynn
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:17 PM
No. Back when all of this happened it was normal to let your kids ride around the neighborhood unsupervised.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3brown1blue
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Still, child abduction wasn't new back then...common sense regardless of where you are is to watch your kids. This only happened 16 years ago...there were way more abductions before this...Smh...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:31 PM
2 moms liked this
I personally would never allow it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3brown1blue
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I was 8 at the time and unfortunately my mother barely watched me outside of the house and luckily I didn't get abducted...I would never allow it then or now. My children are way more important than anything else...

Quoting starreyedcutie:

I personally would never allow it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 25, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I don't know the story. Times were different back then.

snuggiewoogie
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 3:49 PM

It's a whole different world now days.......

3brown1blue
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 4:04 PM
In 1996??? Not that different...prices sure but that's about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pherlyce
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM

things happen in life, we cannot really control everything........ think about this girl being abducted in her bedroom, fortunately she was found and now grown up and recently got married (I forgot her name).  We just all do our best as a parents and hope that this will never happen to our kids.

misslady80013
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 5:34 PM
Yes things happen but it should be common sense to watch your kids playing outside, period. Call me weird but I don't care if it's 1860 or 2012, I am going to watch my kids play outside. People are crazy! I would never be able to forgive myself if something like this happened to my baby.

Quoting Pherlyce:

things happen in life, we cannot really control everything........ think about this girl being abducted in her bedroom, fortunately she was found and now grown up and recently got married (I forgot her name).  We just all do our best as a parents and hope that this will never happen to our kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mammapav
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Quoting goddess99:

I don't know the story. Times were different back then.

I agree. Now we have all learned to watch out and to be more careful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)