Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Picture of the Day 2-25

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 9:45 PM
  • 16 Replies

I truly hope everyone who sees this picture knows what it's of.

But if you weren't paying attention in History class you can read about it here.

by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 25, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Over 30 years ago there was a man working in a store in my town with numbers on his arm. I never forgot that. Never will.

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:41 PM

:(

Kathey4759
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Quoting goddess99:

Over 30 years ago there was a man working in a store in my town with numbers on his arm. I never forgot that. Never will.

redpatz
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Erased from my public school history. I learned about Magellan, Columbus "discovering" America, Civil War (sans Indian & buffalo slaughter), MLK, Rosa Parks, the names of the U.S. Presidents. But nothing on the Holocaust. What I wasn't taught in school I learned from people I've met, or documentaries.
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 25, 2012 at 11:00 PM

wow I can't believe they didn't teach it. That's as sad as the photo.

Quoting redpatz:

Erased from my public school history. I learned about Magellan, Columbus "discovering" America, Civil War (sans Indian & buffalo slaughter), MLK, Rosa Parks, the names of the U.S. Presidents. But nothing on the Holocaust. What I wasn't taught in school I learned from people I've met, or documentaries.

redpatz
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting goddess99:

Yea, I know.. after school I found out a whole lot of things were glossed over or omitted from history classes. How can they expect people to not make the same mistakes of the past if they are not taught..
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 25, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Exactly!!

Quoting redpatz:

Quoting goddess99:

Yea, I know.. after school I found out a whole lot of things were glossed over or omitted from history classes. How can they expect people to not make the same mistakes of the past if they are not taught..

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 11:15 PM
That's crazy. I have cousins who live in germany and went to school there (in the german schools, not american ones on base) and they were taught all about it.

Quoting redpatz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3brown1blue
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 11:17 PM
I hate being part German...ashamed...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 11:18 PM
This is sad! : (
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN