Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

New Baby & New Puppy???

Posted by   + Show Post

So I am due just about any day now.
We just moved into our on post apartment in Germany and stil don't have all of our own stuff, and won't until April, most likely.
Did I mention that I'm due any day now?

--Oh yeah, and we want to get a dog.

Realistically we will probably bring the dog (assuming we get it) a few weeks, to probably a month after our son is born. We're currently looking at a boxer. It's not a super young puppy, but under 6 months, I'd say. I know I'm asking for a full plate doing both at the same time, but we both want a dog so badly, and we want our son to grow up with the dog.
Anyone have any tips or advice for bringing in both at pretty much the same time? How do I make this as smooth a transition as possible for all of us?

Of course, positive feedback is always preferred, but if you have a negative opinion you'd like to share, please be polite. =]

Thanks everyone!

<3

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Replies (11-13):
JadedFaerie
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:10 AM

No the puppies are 5wks old, my daughter is 3 months lol

Quoting Janet:

You already had the puppies.

Quoting JadedFaerie:

We already had 3 dogs and two cats when bub was born, we currently have 5 puppies ruling the roost. It's really not hard :)

luvmybug
by Amanda on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:14 AM

i would wait. that puppy is going to need training and attention and that takes a lot out of a person. especially right after you have a baby.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:15 AM

oh, and did i mention boxers are bouncy and have a tendency to get the zoomies? lol it will need tons of excercise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN