Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, I'd like to meet a potential boyfriend.....

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:44 AM
  • 37 Replies

I've been divorced 8 years and think it's high time to get the ball rolling on finding a serious relationship.  I'm not a fan of the internet match.com, etc.  How do I find a decent man to date?  I really don't get out much other than with my kids.

by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
born2bAmother
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:47 AM

craigslist?

crzynonnie
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Not a fan of the internet type meetings.  For example: Craigslist Killer!!!

Quoting born2bAmother:

craigslist?

born2bAmother
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:55 AM

LMBO....i completely understand but if you dont get out much how are you supposed to meet men....grocery shopping???lol

Quoting crzynonnie:

Quoting born2bAmother:

craigslist?

CafeMom Tickers
crzynonnie
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 2:58 AM

That's why I asked the question....I need to know where are good places to meet men.  Should I go to church just for the purpose of trying to find a boyfriend?  Do I ask my friends to spread word?  Surely someone has some ideas!?!?  I can come up with some on my own but I thought I would ask and see what ideas others had too.

Quoting born2bAmother:

LMBO....i completely understand but if you dont get out much how are you supposed to meet men....grocery shopping???lol

Quoting crzynonnie:

Quoting born2bAmother:

craigslist?

born2bAmother
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 3:04 AM

well I think your idea is perfect ...you want to look for someone somewhere you would like to go or have something in common with like if you bowl go to a bowling alley ...If you are looking for someone spiritual go to church...and definately spread the word tell your friends if they see any good matches for you then put your name out there...

Quoting crzynonnie:

That's why I asked the question....I need to know where are good places to meet men.  Should I go to church just for the purpose of trying to find a boyfriend?  Do I ask my friends to spread word?  Surely someone has some ideas!?!?  I can come up with some on my own but I thought I would ask and see what ideas others had too.

Quoting born2bAmother:

Quoting crzynonnie:

Quoting born2bAmother:

craigslist?

CafeMom Tickers
crzynonnie
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 3:14 AM

ok, thanks....I really do appreciate this....wish I would hear from more people, though.  I guess everyone is asleep??

Quoting born2bAmother:

well I think your idea is perfect ...you want to look for someone somewhere you would like to go or have something in common with like if you bowl go to a bowling alley ...If you are looking for someone spiritual go to church...and definately spread the word tell your friends if they see any good matches for you then put your name out there...

Quoting crzynonnie:

Quoting born2bAmother:

Quoting crzynonnie:

Quoting born2bAmother:

craigslist?

born2bAmother
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 3:17 AM

most of them are sleep but I think it really comes down to knowing where to start....lol I dont think anyone has any answers besides online dating ...thats just how the world of dating works now a days ....I dont know what people did b4 computers.....lol

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 2, 2012 at 4:54 AM

I met my fiancee 6 yrs ago on Single.net and were still happy as ever. Dating sites are not all that bad you just have to be very careful and only choose ones that show pictures of themselves and really get to know the person well online and always meet in a public area first.

Shani527
by Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 5:01 AM
Sorry in this day and age I would say online. But I think you have good ideas and good advice. I think the best thing is to have your friends "spred the word"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crzynonnie
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 5:46 AM

Oh, Ok, I guess I must be afraid.  I'm not really old fashioned and have nothing against online dating sights, I guess I just am not real educated about them.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)