Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you cut through other people's yards?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 9:47 AM
  • 28 Replies

Growing up I was taught NOT to walk on other people's lawns because it is rude and it can ruin their grass. I used to deliver newspapers and even then we weren't allowed to cut through people's yards. We had to walk up and down every driveway and/or sidewalk.

The other day our neighbor two doors down walked from her house to her car, which was through her yard, another neighbor's yard and our yard. I was sitting at the end our sidewalk and she didn't say hi, smile or even look at me. I thought it was kind of rude that she walked across our yards but I think I thought it was more rude that she didn't acknowledge I was there. LOL!

How do you feel about people walking across yards that aren't their own?

by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yourpassion
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

hahaha!  this made me laugh, only because i was raised the exact same way and i had a paper route and had to walk around all the grass too! 

it doesn't really bother me if it's once in a while, but all the time would bother me.

i am actually teaching my kids to go around too.  i tell them people work hard to have their yards look nice and other people walking on it can ruin their hard work. hahaha...

Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:15 AM
I dont like it lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:16 AM
No I don't and I can't stand it when people cut through mine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I don't like it at all. It's rude.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I hate people who do that. So rude.

merinasmommy
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:00 AM
I honestly don't care...its grass not worth it to worry about.u would have a heart attack if u saw my back year/field if that bothers u
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sllytnkrbl
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I have not had people walk through my yard, mainly because the back is all fenced in and the front leads nowhere but the neighbors' children play manhunt in the summer and hide in my yard, they need to run across my deck to get to the back yard or they use the neighbor's trampoline and swing set to climb over the fence to get in - it drives me nuts, my own kids aren't out there playing, what makes them think it's ok for their kids to be there and if God forbid they should get hurt on my property I am responsible so I told each and everyone of them if they keep doing it I am calling the police (these kids are all teens btw).  It also drives me nuts that they sit on people's cars.  My car was brand new when I bought it last May and the day I brought it home my neighbor's son was sitting on the hood and scratched it when he slip off because he had his keys hanging out of his pocket, I got it fixed but I am still waiting for the money from his parents for the repair.

Tyrneathem
by Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:05 AM

It doesn't bug me nearly as much as when neighbors let their Great Danes crap on our lawn and then they leave the epic, steaming piles behind... or when they drive across our lawn with a trailer attached ripping it to shreds and can't understand why we sue them for lawn repair.

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

If I know the person and know they dont mind, I will cut through their yard...maybe.  If I dont know them, I wont walk through their lawn, and I wont let my children do it either.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I was taught growing up to stay out of the neighbors yards too....Now, I usually don't...mostly use the sidewalk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)