Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you cut through other people's yards?

Posted by   + Show Post

Growing up I was taught NOT to walk on other people's lawns because it is rude and it can ruin their grass. I used to deliver newspapers and even then we weren't allowed to cut through people's yards. We had to walk up and down every driveway and/or sidewalk.

The other day our neighbor two doors down walked from her house to her car, which was through her yard, another neighbor's yard and our yard. I was sitting at the end our sidewalk and she didn't say hi, smile or even look at me. I thought it was kind of rude that she walked across our yards but I think I thought it was more rude that she didn't acknowledge I was there. LOL!

How do you feel about people walking across yards that aren't their own?

by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Replies (21-28):
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 7:16 PM
I don't cut through anyone yard I dont wanna get shot. Police gonna say it was justifiable, was on their property
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I use the sidewalk. To your question, yeah I probably would be annoyed a little by it, it's not as if our yard is a shortcut to anything.

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Nope, I was taught that you stay out of someone's lawn.  So I teach my children the same thing.  And I get pissed if I see someone walking through my lawn.  I've been known to say something to them about sidewalks too...

fahmom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:11 PM
I do not care about cutting through the grass my mail lady does everyday but it is rude not to acknowledge someone especially if your going to walk through their yard. I usually use side walks when available.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaitybird
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I think it is rude....we have always taught our daughter to be respectful and not walk through peoples yards.  Some people just don't get it!  Epsecially those who are walking their dogs and CAN'T pick up after them.....That really irritates me.  :)

Schleetle
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:15 AM
I walk on the sidewalks, or side of the road because I don't like walking through grass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsg2011
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 5:59 AM

In our neighborhood in the summer when the kids are outside it's a neighborhood thing where the kids will cut through the yards because we have no sidewalks. It's just the way it's always been since we moved in and as I am told before. The two little boys next door once asked if they could use our front yard to play in so they would have enough room for a game of catch. No biggie. I think it's different with every family and neighboorhood though. 

JadedFaerie
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:22 AM

We walk on the footpath section of their yard; in front of their mail box, yes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)