Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Weird question?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 8:51 AM
  • 11 Replies

I caught my almost 7 year old daughter "humping" our couch...she didn't see me sitting there looking at her and I think she was really "occupied"....I just told her not to do that kinda stuff.....she tried to tell me she was doing "yoga" lol.

Has anyone delt with this before? Is this normal at this age? & how do you deal with it where you don't embarass the child?

Please no bashing, she's never heard or seen the hubby and I in action. We are very discreet when we do have sex. I don't know where she could of picked this up from, or if it's something that just comes naturally. 

by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
merinasmommy
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Its natural but idk how to deal with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RockstarMom86
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Seems like now adays kids are "doing" everything a lot sooner. 

homeskoolmama
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 9:25 AM

It is natural but if it becomes a problem/obsessive talk to your ped. about it. It could be over active hormones.

RockstarMom86
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Thanks for all the wonderful comments : )

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 3, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Not sure, but here is a bump!

SueDNym
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I would think just let her know that what she's doing isn't wrong, but the living room is not the appropriate place and suggest her room (provided she doesn't share w/ a sibling).

RockstarMom86
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Well my husband & I both sat down with her with some milk & cookies, had a talk and told her we "prefer" she didn't do that (not that it's a bad thing) but if she "COULD" just not do it. OR just don't do it where other's can see you sorta thing. & we also told her to never attempt to put anything up like toys or what not cause she could hurt herself with not even knowing it. I think things will be ok. We told her not to be embarrassed etc. : ) Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

Quoting SueDNym:

I would think just let her know that what she's doing isn't wrong, but the living room is not the appropriate place and suggest her room (provided she doesn't share w/ a sibling).

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 11:16 AM

You also can't just brush this under the carpet. It could be someone she plays with has done something to her or something of the sort, you never know. Keep an eye on her. Talk to her more.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 3, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Since she is so young I wouldn't really get into some sex talk about it, I would just say, next time do that in private, like in your bedroom, maybe have a privacy conversation. good luck.

OliviasMommy611
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Good Job. That seems right.

Quoting RockstarMom86:

Well my husband & I both sat down with her with some milk & cookies, had a talk and told her we "prefer" she didn't do that (not that it's a bad thing) but if she "COULD" just not do it. OR just don't do it where other's can see you sorta thing. & we also told her to never attempt to put anything up like toys or what not cause she could hurt herself with not even knowing it. I think things will be ok. We told her not to be embarrassed etc. : ) Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

Quoting SueDNym:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)