Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Security blanket.

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 9:43 AM
  • 11 Replies

My 2 yr old DS has a blanket he's had since he was a baby (he calls it his nite nite) And he pretty much drags it everywhere. Not while playing outside or into stores or anything, but he can't sleep without it & whenever posssible he has his nite nite. I've read that its a sign of insecurity but idk where that would have come from. We have lived in the same place since he was born, way out in the country away from idiots lol. My DH & I don't do drugs or anything. I've been a SAHM for almost 3 yrs now, so I don't even leave him to go to work. He's a happy child with a nice stable home. So why does he drag his nite nite everywhere?

by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Because he loves it. i wouldnt worry about it. soon enough he wont want it and until then it isnt going to hurt him to drag it around with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I agree! It won't mess up his teeth like a pacifier. It's nothing you did mama.

Quoting shadow_lark:

Because he loves it. i wouldnt worry about it. soon enough he wont want it and until then it isnt going to hurt him to drag it around with him.

sllytnkrbl
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 11:30 AM

He is only 2, he is still in discovery stage.  He loves his blankie that is all there is to it.   He doesn't need it 24/7, he doesn't take it everywhere he has it at home, it happens to be his favorite thing at the moment.   I wouldn't worry about it, if he couldn't function without it a few years from now maybe then I would ask if I should be concerned but for now he is just being a 2 year old.   I had a pink elephant instead of a blankie, my dd had a teddy bear.   I would just cherish the moments -- in a few years you'll smile when you think about him and his blankie.

ModifiedMamaOf3
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 2:46 PM
You're right about that one. My oldest is almost 6 & I still get a little emotional when I look thru his baby pics.... Myself, I had (& still have) Sweetie Pea. He's a stuffed pea pod Del Monte put out as a marketing thing lol. But I also had a crappy childhood so I didn't have a normal to compare it to.

Quoting sllytnkrbl:

He is only 2, he is still in discovery stage.  He loves his blankie that is all there is to it.   He doesn't need it 24/7, he doesn't take it everywhere he has it at home, it happens to be his favorite thing at the moment.   I wouldn't worry about it, if he couldn't function without it a few years from now maybe then I would ask if I should be concerned but for now he is just being a 2 year old.   I had a pink elephant instead of a blankie, my dd had a teddy bear.   I would just cherish the moments -- in a few years you'll smile when you think about him and his blankie.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 3, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Because he's a kid and loves it. My dd is 9 and still has a blankie she loves and sleeps with. I don't plan on being the mean mom and take it away from her. Eventually they will lose interest.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 4:07 PM
It's perfectly normally. I actually worried about my oldest because he didn't HAVE a lovey. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Dd is 4 with 2 loveys! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 3, 2012 at 6:13 PM

My daughter still has her blanket and she is 24 now. But she just keeps it in a safe place now.

starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 6:44 PM
My three year old has a pillow he loves...its just a phase
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:07 AM
I had mine until I was almost 4! He will give it up when ready!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN