Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Your Baby Can Read Program... Who's tried it??

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 10:41 AM
  • 12 Replies
My hubby and I are looking to buy this for our 7 month old son. I'd like to know from other moms if this really works?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Not I. bump

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 3, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Bump

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 4:08 PM
I think it's a waste of time but to each his own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vikki77
by Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 4:10 PM
I think it can be done at home with flash cards and you doing it. It wasn't like he was under 1, but by 18 months, my son knew his alphabet, could write it, read little books and spell several words.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyofLoren
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I have tried it and I think its wonderful. Honestly you can create the flash cards yourself. Manipulatives as well as visuals help also. The key to the program is consistency. I am an elementary teacher and my 15mo old has a 50 word vocabulary so far. The program works, you just need the time.

OliviasMommy611
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Not i
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 3, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Bump

momtoBrenna
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM
I have heard that program can lead to comprehension problems because they are just learning while words and not meanings or any phonics. My dd taught herself to read and we are still working with ds on recognizing letters and letter sounds. Dd is 6 and we aren't exactly sure when she learned to read but she started showing us around 3. Ds is now 3.5 and we aren't sure what he knows. He plays with several different iPad apps that require letters, etc and does well but if we ask what is this xyz letter, he ignores us.
Tyrneathem
by Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM

This. It focuses on recognition of the shape of words more than anything. I was given the program as a gift and I use it only alongside several other teaching methods.

Quoting momtoBrenna:

I have heard that program can lead to comprehension problems because they are just learning while words and not meanings or any phonics. My dd taught herself to read and we are still working with ds on recognizing letters and letter sounds. Dd is 6 and we aren't exactly sure when she learned to read but she started showing us around 3. Ds is now 3.5 and we aren't sure what he knows. He plays with several different iPad apps that require letters, etc and does well but if we ask what is this xyz letter, he ignores us.

momtoBrenna
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Hmm, I just noticed a typo in my previous post, lol. It should say whole words not while words.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)