Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

stay at home mom

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 6:47 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am a stay at home mom with a toddler. Everyone I know works F/T or has kids of their own and is busy as well during the day and week.

My husband does not understand, at all, that I need my alone time on the weekends...even just a couple hours a day on the weekends. He gets upset that I want to be alone.  He doesn't understand that I am stressed at times during the week...especially b/c most of the time all I do is talk to the baby, clean up food, etc. I love my child more then anything and wouldn't trade the time in I have with him for anything but sometimes I need some "me" time.  Anyone experience this?

by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pebbles98
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 9:09 PM

I used to with my 1st hubs and our son. When I would tell him I needed "me" time he would tell me that I'm the kids mom not his babysitter so get over it. Glad I'm not in that situation anymore. I think if you need "me" time, find someone to help you for a few hours... a friend, a relative.

Good luck.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 3, 2012 at 9:12 PM

It will get easier when your LO starts school.

aprilnicole1984
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 9:15 PM
I'm so glad my husband is not like that.everyone needs "me" time,especially if you have kids.let him stay at home for a week with your kid and ill bet he will be wanting alone time too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 3, 2012 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My only me time is at bedtime/naptime in between household duties.
Men just don't get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vikki77
by Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Yes. I had to go back to work on weekends just to get my me time. Now I have my 14 hours a week. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fahmom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Yes, when I was a SAHM. Boy did my DH ever learn a lesson when I returned to work part time when DS was 6 months old. So 16 hours a week he gets to experience what I go through and I get my break. It really made him more understanding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
born2bAmother
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM

its actually the opposite for me ....I wouldnt know what to do with "me " time....my hubby wish i would go out more often especially when Im so frustrated Im about to pull my hair out ...he will send me to the store..

Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:58 AM
My dh didn't get it at first either bc I work part time but with kids! He is getting better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I'm never alone.  Literally...never.  Rarely do I actually just want to be by myself.  I'd rather be with my kids or at least my DH.  

kaitybird
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I was lucky....During the times dh worked I would always care for our daughter, when he would get off and on his off days, he would take over.  I have one of the rare ones who understands that we both created our daughter and we are both raising her.  I have worked on and off during our marriage and we have always taken equal parts.  I do have to say he will pitch in way more than he should....:)  But this is what works for us! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN