Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Fever

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM
  • 8 Replies
How high of a temp does your LO have to have that makes you feel that a trip to the ER is necessary?

*no, my two are fine. Lol. Lexi threw up on my bed but no fevers. A friend said his 5 year old was being taken to the hospital bc she had a fever of 102.9*.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mychele
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:30 AM
Probably 104 +
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yourpassion
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:48 AM
I always freak out, so 101-102.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yourpassion
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:50 AM
Oh I wouldn't take my kid to the ER unless it was over 103 and they were acting different, or volital vomiting, etc. not just for a 102.9 fever. I'd freak out in my own home for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happy2bmom25
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:57 AM

i can't imagine taking my child to the er for just a fever. i believe that the body has to be over 107 before brain damage can occur. i truly believe that a fever happens for a reason, and that it really shouldn't be stopped unless you suspect your child may have brain damage.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Over 102
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:20 PM

If it's just a fever, I don't take my kids to the ER.  Or really the dr either.  If there are other things along with the fever, then I may.  Fevers by themselves are nothing to be afraid of.  It's a sign that your body is fighting something, they actually do more good than harm.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:19 PM
See that's the way I am as well. If I can't treat it at home then I go to the doctor. My friend's ex wife didn't even try to give their daughter any sort of medicine or anything. Lol

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

If it's just a fever, I don't take my kids to the ER.  Or really the dr either.  If there are other things along with the fever, then I may.  Fevers by themselves are nothing to be afraid of.  It's a sign that your body is fighting something, they actually do more good than harm.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:22 PM

If Zadessa had a temp of 102 and I couldn't get it down quickly, I would bring her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)