Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What can I do??

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 7:42 AM
  • 11 Replies
Does anyone have or have any experience with an over stimulated baby?? It seems like everytime we take our two month old out during the day (doesn't matter how long for) she seems to scream for hours once we get home!! Last night was horrible we went to my bfs dads house and we were only out for an hour and she started to scream and didn't stop until 930 at night and we left at 4 I just don't know what to do should I just stop going out with her until she is older?? Maybe she is having separation issues because she was with her great aunt for like two min before she started screaming! I just don't know any help would be great thanks :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Wow that's a tough one. Have you tried swaddling her with a blanket to make her feel more secure?

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2012 at 10:15 AM
I'd try swaddling or carry her in a wrap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 6, 2012 at 10:16 AM
I'm not sure! I would try different soothing methods!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yourpassion
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM
If she's in her carrier, try a blanket of some sort over it. Or like the others said, swaddle or wrap. Good luck!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 6, 2012 at 10:34 AM

The places you take her - are they over stimulating? Like is there music playing? TV on? Bright lights or weird color lights?

JABU29
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Is she being held by others when you take her out? She may be responding to the abrupt change in someone new holding her.  If that is the case, I wouldn't let others hold her immediately, let her sit with you while they sit next to you and then as she becomes more comfortable with her new surroundings, then she can go to someone else as she is comfortable with them.

Aphrodisiac
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:02 AM

My DD does the same thing, we try not to leave the house ever, plus she cries the entire car ride and ends up sweaty and an emotional wreak.

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 6, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I would try using some sort of carrier or swaddling her. Good luck mama!

chckybabi2
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 3:11 PM
She doesn't like being swaddled anymore only once in awhile :/ the places have tv people etc but shes around a full house all the time but I'll try and swaddle next time thanks :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Are you leaving her?  anywho...it wouldnt be separation at this age.  babies at two months old havent realized that mom and dad exist when they are out of sight.  I would be tempted to keep taking her...but just a little at a time, and try putting her in a moby or something close to your chest at first.  DD was a little bit finiky too when she was tiny, but when i had her in the moby she slept the whole time...and i was walking downtown, in and out of shops, at the park etc...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)