Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What kind of cell phone do you have?

Posted by   + Show Post

What kind of cell phone do you have?

Do you like it?

And who is your service provider?

Random... I know. I'm due for an upgrade. So, I'm debating on either getting a new phone & staying with Sprint. Or switching carriers and getting a new phone. So any suggestions would be great!

Sarah: Mommy to 2 little monsters. ♥ Mom to Mom Group Mod.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Replies (31-40):
Acalhoun
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Droid 2 Global

Verizon

Used to have US Cellular but our house had terrible reception with them. Verizon works in our house. In fact, we only have cell phones now and no landline.

I love that we have unlimited data (thankfully we signed on before they changed the data plans) but now I have to convince DH that they're worth keeping. He thinks we pay too much on our cell phone bill, but I look around and all the teenagers have smartphones along with their parents - and I can't help but think that the average family has got to be paying at least twice as much as we are! (we only have 2 smartphones on the plan - all other phones have no data) 

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 6, 2012 at 1:16 PM

That's what I found the 16gig for at Best Buy through Sprint too. Though I don't actually buy the phone from their stores. They tend to rip you off there. 

The 8 gig was $99. The two androids I am looking at are $50. Ugh.. I hate making decisions haha.

Quoting CallxMexMama:

16 and I only paid $199 for it cause my contract had a discount upgrade.

Quoting splatz:

I'm kind of jealous of all you Iphone users, lol. How many gigs is yours? I'm seriously considering the Iphone. But its twice the amount of the one I like. I don't know if I can justify paying that much for something for me.

Quoting CallxMexMama:

I have an Iphone 4s with Verizon. I'll never switch providers

IWannaLoveAgain
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I have the Samsumg Intercept. The phone itself a POS. and I go thru Sprint and have never had one issue with them, their service, or their billing.

lovinlife0607
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM

we are so done with paying a crazy amount of money for companies so I have a straight talk phone that's $45 a month for unlimited everything.  I have the blackberry nokia es-500 and like it! :)  If you stay with a carrier like sprint etc...verizon is suppose to have a better network but their customer service STINKS! GL! :)

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 6, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I have a horrible time spending money on myself. I felt guilty looking at $50 phones. Its not that we can't afford me to splurge. I just don't. I'm seriously considering it though!

Quoting .Diddles.:

The iPhone 4S is $200 which is cheaper than most phones when they are brand new. You can treat yourself once and it will continue to pay you back on a daily basis because the phone rocks!

Quoting splatz:

I'm kind of jealous of all you Iphone users, lol. How many gigs is yours? I'm seriously considering the Iphone. But its twice the amount of the one I like. I don't know if I can justify paying that much for something for me.

Quoting CallxMexMama:

BluEyedCrazy
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

iPhone, through Virgin. Awesome! Great plan, and I love the iPhone. I had an Ipod touch for a while, it was like my own personal assistant. Kept everything in one place, well now I have that with a phone too, so one less thing to carry...lol

MrsTBailey
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM
What kind of cell phone do you have? iPhone4

Do you like it? Yes & No. Yes because i can get iPod, iBooks, games. No because if a website has Adobe Flash only you will not be able to use it.

And who is your service provider? Verizon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CallxMexMama
by Member on Mar. 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I hate making decisions too lol...I had a droid before my upgrade and I was undecided if I wanted to make the switch to an iphone or stay and get the new razr. In a way I wanted to see what the razr was all about but I didnt want to get it and NOT like it, ya know?

Quoting splatz:

That's what I found the 16gig for at Best Buy through Sprint too. Though I don't actually buy the phone from their stores. They tend to rip you off there. 

The 8 gig was $99. The two androids I am looking at are $50. Ugh.. I hate making decisions haha.

Quoting CallxMexMama:

16 and I only paid $199 for it cause my contract had a discount upgrade.

Quoting splatz:

Quoting CallxMexMama:

BluEyedCrazy
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I got mine for $50 when I signed up with a contract. It was worth it, especially if you are renewing a contract.

Quoting splatz:

I have a horrible time spending money on myself. I felt guilty looking at $50 phones. Its not that we can't afford me to splurge. I just don't. I'm seriously considering it though!

Quoting .Diddles.:

The iPhone 4S is $200 which is cheaper than most phones when they are brand new. You can treat yourself once and it will continue to pay you back on a daily basis because the phone rocks!

Quoting splatz:

Quoting CallxMexMama:

.Diddles.
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Dh practically forced me to get it. I was the same way. I said I SAH and don't need it etc and he said BS. I want to know your safe so you're getting it. No twisting here! Lol.

Do it, you deserve it and it's cheap compared to what you get out of your iPhone 4S.

Quoting splatz:

Quoting .Diddles.:

Quoting splatz:

Quoting CallxMexMama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN