Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Have you ever met moms who resent you for not having more kids?

I'm a youthful looking 39 year old of a teenaged daughter.  She's my only child (though she has half brothers/sisters on her father's side). After I had my daughter I decided that I never wanted any more kids. She's a handful on her own (can't imagine more than one!) 

Women I knew were like "why are you depriving her of a sibling?" I responded by saying if she wanted someone to play with there were kids in school.

I don't keep lots and lots of pics everywhere of her, I don't always mention her to people because that's not who I am. Besides, having kids aren't cheap. They suck the life out of you and your sanity. Kudos to those who can handle that. I wasn't meant to be a mom but I am. Of one. 

by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Replies (11-16):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 6, 2012 at 9:01 PM
We tried 3 years to conceive our daughter so I'm very lucky to have her! I want more but the way I see it is at least I have her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rebekah8787
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 9:06 PM
I love having kids I do have a lot of people think I'm a little crazy for wanting a big family I just had my fourth and a few wks after he was born I was ready for another one, I'm not sure if I will or not cuz yes they cost a lot, but if you want none or 20 people should hound you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelseysd
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 9:25 PM
I just don't say anything one way or the other about our plans to expand our family. I have 2 boys, one who is a newborn, and some people say, "Well, I guess now you'll have to have a third to try for a girl." Others say, "Girls are so much harder, you should just stick to your boys." To paraphrase another poster's comments above, opinions are like assholes...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShyJen
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I feel the same way. No bashing from me at all.  I wasnt ment to be a mom, but Im the mom of 2 girls. I never wanted kids. I wasnt the type to babysit growing up, I didnt like being around kids, kids didnt like being around me. Im not a snob, I just didnt think I could handle kids. I didnt think I could give them what they needed. Here I am married, I had my first daughter unplanned, I didnt want anymore, but my husband and I decided to have another as a playmate for our first daughter. So I did it. I got my tubes tied after that and I do get flack about getting my tubes tied. Everyone is asking when am I going to have more. I have friends saying I should have 5 kids because thats what they want, they love kids so much so I should too. Hell no. My two daughters drive me crazy but Im glad I have my husband to help take care of them because I'd go crazy if I had to take care of them on my own.

imperfectmom72
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Understood. You are fortunate to have a husband to help out. In my case, my mother took over when my daughter was born as she was my mother's first grandchild.  The family also undermined me as a mother when I tried to discipline her, therefore she grew up a spoiled person. Pretty much my family is dysfunctional. I  am currently seeking employment so that I can move out on my own and let my parents deal with their own burdens without me being caught in the middle.  Having children should not be treated lightly. Yet, there are many children born to immautre parents and they are not taken care of properly and/or lead astray.

I knew that I wasn't mature nor ready to bring another child into this world. It's not fair to the child.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 7, 2012 at 11:59 AM

No one has ever said anything to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)