Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Are you good at....

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 8:54 PM
  • 14 Replies

Photography?

If so, who taught you? 

I am not good at photography.  granted I havent even taken any classes, but even then...I just dont seem to ever get a really good shot.  it kind of makes me sad sometimes.  There are things I want to take pictures of, but I can never get a good enough picture to really capture the essense of what it is that i am looking at.

*sigh*  guess I'll just stick to words.

Are you young and married?         Join us in Young Married Mothers; a place to connect with other young moms, get advice or just hang around.  http://www.cafemom.com/group/116197

by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Yes, I have started taking my dds pictures myself! I've found my talents in a few things! Photography, baking, and diaper cakes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 10:10 AM

No. After looking at the site "You are not a photographer", I don't want to try, either! Those ladies are CRUEL!

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Omg, i know!

Quoting jltplk25:

No. After looking at the site "You are not a photographer", I don't want to try, either! Those ladies are CRUEL!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 10:13 AM
What do you bake?

Quoting Pammi86:

Yes, I have started taking my dds pictures myself! I've found my talents in a few things! Photography, baking, and diaper cakes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gr8d8n3mom
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 10:32 AM

No sadly I can not take pics. No matter how hard I try. Or how I try to focus the camera, or my cell. My YDD on the other hand,, DDAANNNNggg that girl has a natural eye for it! here is some of HER work! (yes I am SOOO jealous)This one is actually a series of 3 taken just after a rain storm clearin, from accross our house at the time.

planning a wedding

luvmybug
by Amanda on Mar. 7, 2012 at 10:37 AM

i LOVE photography. i just wish i had the camera for it.

Ms.Pteranodon
by Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Quoting luvmybug:

i LOVE photography. i just wish i had the camera for it.

I go through camera's like they are going out of style!

I am pretty decent at taking pictures, but I would never consider myself a photographer. I took a class in high school and I was on my school newspaper. If I had decided to go the journalism route through college then I probably would be much better.

It drives me crazy when all these SAHMs just buy a nice camera and decide one day they are going to be a photographer and create websites and facebook pages and charge people for their "photo shoots."

starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM
I don't call myself a photographer but I have had a lot of people ask for prints of pics I have taken :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 7, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Yes very good at it. I've been in the photography business for over 17 yrs. 

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Mar. 7, 2012 at 11:19 AM
no i am no good at it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)