Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Have you ever had the urge...

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:59 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

To punch your husband in the face? Lord knows I love the man. But he thinks it is funny to push my buttons on purpose. He tells me I get "Flustered and cute".  Lately he has been ticking me off with out the intention of doing so. I have a one year old son who wakes up twice at night and I am 8wks pregnant. My husband just the past few nights has started grinding his teeth while he sleeps. It is the worst most disgustingly annoying noise I have EVER heard! I have not slept more then a few hours in three nights. I swear I am going to kill him. I toss and turn all night to this horrible noise. Then my son wakes at 4-5 usually for a diaper and bottle then will let me sleep till 6-7. But now by the time I get back to bed my husbands alarm goes off and he is the type that will let the alarm go off for an hour before actually getting up. I am so tired and have been in so much pain that I am positive I am going to snap soon. He doesnt believe me when I tell him this and just tells me I am tired and stressed that he has never ground his teeth. (Why yes I am that is the exact problem!)  I dont know if anyone else likes chicago the movie or musical but I have now started humming cell block tango to myself in the middle of the night while he is grinding his teeth he says he never grinds. No I would never actually hurt him just so people know. But, sometime I really want to. Hoping I am not the only one who's husband can push them to the edge. 

by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3brown1blue
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Woo i have the cell block tango on my cell. Every time he grinds his teeth, whack him with a pillow. You'll need to get him a mouth guard so he doesnt end up ruining his teeth. And trust me my husband does a lot of things that annoy me...i.e. Shakes his foot CONSTANTLY.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pecanswirl49
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Right. I understand what you r feeling bout the grinding of the teeth. My hubby has that same problem. It drives me crazy. Why don't you record him grinding his teeth so he can hear himself. Try going to a different room nd sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Lol I know the feeling!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
syoumans77
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Yep, I have had the urge many times to just punch him in the face.  Or in his side when we are sleeping and he decides he has to sleep on top of me (yeah on top...even did it when I was pregnant).  Mine pushes my buttons too and he also does it on purpose...just to get a reaction is what he says.  I've also had the urge to hit him upside the head with a baseball bat...is that wrong? LOL

chicanueva
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Oh no girl. No button pushing allowed, esp when u r prego. That's just mean.

Go sleep on the sofa and tell him to get the baby's diaper. IDK if you are a SAHM or work outside, but u still desrve to SLEEP!

luvmybug
by Amanda on Mar. 7, 2012 at 10:59 AM

*HUGS*

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 7, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I want to punch mine too...lol

mrskelby
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 11:15 AM

My husband pushes my buttons on purpose too, and yes, there have been times when I've wanted to punch him in the face.  lol

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 7, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Make him sleep on the couch! lol Hope your little one starts sleeping through the night for you, my oldest was a horrible sleeper. It sucks! My youngest has not woke up at night since a few months old, thank goodness.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 7, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I would sleep on the couch.

But I like to sleep on the couch and it's nice and quiet down here so...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN