Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Too much or would you do the same?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM
  • 21 Replies

Last night I had to make a late night run to Walgreens to get some burn cream after I had a fight with the hot glue gun (and the glue gun won by the way). When I was walking in, I passed the redbox machine and saw a baby shoe lying on the grown. It was a brown Strideright shoe (size 4) and looked almost new! There was no body around around so I took the shoe inside to the clerk. I told her that some parent was probably trying to rent a movie and their baby kicked off the shoe and they didn't notice. I said that it looks like a nice shoe and someone may come back looking for it.

The cashier looked at me like I was crazy! And then smuggly said "probably not."

I wouldn't be surprised if she threw it away when I left. Part of me wants to go back up there today and see if it's still there.

I know it was just a shoe, but kids shoes can be expensive!

So if you found a kids shoe (or some other item) and it looked like it was in good condition, what would you do with it...

by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
homeskoolmama
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:05 AM

If it was outside, you could have set it on top of the newspaper box or given it to the manager and asked if they had a lost and found. If they said no, ask them to start one.

I would have turned it in. Because I would have gone back looking for it if my kid lost a shoe.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I would have turned it in. You never know if that mother realized she lost it and where she lost and hopefully she would come back to ask if there was a shoe there.

Ms.Pteranodon
by Member on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:19 AM

It was outside and I thought about setting in on top of the redboxmachine, but I was scared that it would get ruined. I also told the pharmacist that I gave it to the front clerk just os someone else knew and maybe to prevent the clerk from just throw it away.

Quoting homeskoolmama:

If it was outside, you could have set it on top of the newspaper box or given it to the manager and asked if they had a lost and found. If they said no, ask them to start one.

I would have turned it in. Because I would have gone back looking for it if my kid lost a shoe.

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Yep, I would have turned it in.

MrsTBailey
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Great job mama!! I would have done the same but if the cashier ever did what yours did i would have kept the shoe and asked to speak to the manager or taken it to another part of the store where i would be sure that they would keep it for the parent who lost it. Btw if that cashier did what she did i would have looked at her right in the eye and said have you ever lost anything of value to you? Or "how would you have felt if you lost something of value to you how would you feel if someone just acted like you did and throw it away!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Unfortunatly therw isn't much to do. Maybe set it on top of redbox machine so if she came back to look it would be right there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:40 AM
I would have done the same!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 8, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I would have done the same thing you did. Left it at the store.

yourpassion
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM

i'd turn it in. 

snuggiewoogie
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 1:22 PM

What a bitchy cashier! That's just rude shoes are expensive and I know I would have come back looking for the shoe. I think you did the right thing :) Some people are just inconsiderate........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN