Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Too much or would you do the same?

Posted by   + Show Post

Last night I had to make a late night run to Walgreens to get some burn cream after I had a fight with the hot glue gun (and the glue gun won by the way). When I was walking in, I passed the redbox machine and saw a baby shoe lying on the grown. It was a brown Strideright shoe (size 4) and looked almost new! There was no body around around so I took the shoe inside to the clerk. I told her that some parent was probably trying to rent a movie and their baby kicked off the shoe and they didn't notice. I said that it looks like a nice shoe and someone may come back looking for it.

The cashier looked at me like I was crazy! And then smuggly said "probably not."

I wouldn't be surprised if she threw it away when I left. Part of me wants to go back up there today and see if it's still there.

I know it was just a shoe, but kids shoes can be expensive!

So if you found a kids shoe (or some other item) and it looked like it was in good condition, what would you do with it...

by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Replies (21-21):
MommyLehr
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 7:58 AM
I would have turned it in... But people rarely come back for those things... I work at applebees, and we have a whole booth (the seat comes off and there is storage underneath) filled with children's shoes, sweaters, scarfs, and umbrellas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN